I Concede.

steve2

Reaction score
I am very grateful for any of your advice for trying to help with my predicament, on the other hand I prefer to be left to my own devices.
It’s not easy to admit that you can’t do what you want to do and not in the way you want to do it.
I am stuck in that place at the moment and know that after my op, when I have it, I will not be fishing, dancing or driving till sometime next year. I will have to rely on others and that is not like me. When it comes to fishing I prefer to be on my own.

rayner

Reaction score
That's what my father said a year ago but now he would rather go in a wheelchair than not go . He doesn't go fishing but to the pub or a restaurant he is quite happy to be pushed. He is 92 however.

I have no doubt that will come to me in time, there's no way I wish to hurry it along. You father has a good few years on me I have no doubt he's earn't being helped along.
Besides I reckon I'd find it nigh on impossible to propel myself around with the one hand. But all's good for me at the moment,

rayner

Reaction score
It’s not easy to admit that you can’t do what you want to do and not in the way you want to do it.
I am stuck in that place at the moment and know that after my op, when I have it, I will not be fishing, dancing or driving till sometime next year. I will have to rely on others and that is not like me. When it comes to fishing I prefer to be on my own.

You sort of echo my experiences Steve. I'd loath having to rely on anyone apart from my wife that is, There are times when being reliant on her goes against the grain. Times such as when her arthritis flares up, even if she has a cold is enough to put me off going fishing.
I too prefer to fish alone, I always have. I like my own company. I've never fallen out with myself but would never rule it out. :eek:mg:

Reaction score
I'm always falling out with myself,grumpy swine he is...:loco:

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how you get the Maximo scooter into and out of your boot. I once bought a Powerwalker battery powered trolley ( I'm a veteran of that borderline between being just about fit enough to fish and fishing being more hassle and punishment than it's worth) and I nearly added hernia and disc prolapse to my list of aliments. The frame was made, apparently, out of scaffold pole, and the battery weighed a ton. Getting it into and out of the car presupposed quite a high level of fitness and strength. I phoned the bloke who made them, and asked why so cumbersome; he said he wanted it to last a long time, to which I replied I'd rather it were usable, even if it didn't last forever. I sold it after wrestling with it a couple of times.

I completely understand where the OP is coming from here. When your health imposes limits, and you know what's possible and what isn't, and you've got to the end of improvising and strategising your way round it, the only answer is to choose the times and conditions that let you fish and enjoy it.

rayner

Reaction score

rayner

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how you get the Maximo scooter into and out of your boot. I once bought a Powerwalker battery powered trolley ( I'm a veteran of that borderline between being just about fit enough to fish and fishing being more hassle and punishment than it's worth) and I nearly added hernia and disc prolapse to my list of aliments. The frame was made, apparently, out of scaffold pole, and the battery weighed a ton. Getting it into and out of the car presupposed quite a high level of fitness and strength. I phoned the bloke who made them, and asked why so cumbersome; he said he wanted it to last a long time, to which I replied I'd rather it were usable, even if it didn't last forever. I sold it after wrestling with it a couple of times.

I completely understand where the OP is coming from here. When your health imposes limits, and you know what's possible and what isn't, and you've got to the end of improvising and strategising your way round it, the only answer is to choose the times and conditions that let you fish and enjoy it.

An excellent post Kev you've nailed my thoughts perfectly with your final paragraph.
I've managed for 20 yrs, OK I'm getting slower and my legs aren't so strong but I'm sure there are plenty of chaps far worse than me on the bank.
To tell you the truth I have no idea how this thread as gone from not fishing in the cold to mobility issues.
I can't remember steering it that way but somehow it's got there.