Shimano trchnium 1250 competition pole

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a Shimano technium 1250 pole around 17 years ago. Think it was the first ever model. Not used it for a long time, but wanting to start using it for river fishing. I'm after spare 3's, 4's and 5's so I can use longer rigs. I went to look at one being sold on Facebook, which looked like mine with the blue, yellow and silver design, but the sections wouldn't fit. Does anyone know if the original technium was produced on the same mandrel as any other poles so I can find sections to fit

Thanks

Steve

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
As far as i am aware, Shimano used different tapers and section diameters than other brands, For example Sensas, preston, Middy and MAP topkits can more or less be interchanged depending on model, Your best best would be to try universal topkits, and keep pole rig on winder tucked in the bottom of number 3 when not in use, for depths suited to top 4 or 5, then when needed just remove winder. Its a cheaper way than having loads of spare number 4or 5 sections.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Another option is to phone billy clarkes fishing spares in sheffield, they deal in discontinued poles and may be able to help you, I have had goid and friendly service off them,