Is this the L.I.F?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Because it's too easy to catch trout.
If you want to catch trout, fish on bread flake. They have days on the Test they call Bread Days when only bread id allowed and you put the trout in keepnets to be collected and they are put in stew ponds to overwinter. I tried in once when I thought I'd catch a nice fat roach, but trout after trout came in and I gave up so went back on maggot and caught dace after grayling after dace. Plus a nice perch at one stage.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Because it's too easy to catch trout.
If you want to catch trout, fish on bread flake. They have days on the Test they call Bread Days when only bread id allowed and you put the trout in keepnets to be collected and they are put in stew ponds to overwinter. I tried in once when I thought I'd catch a nice fat roach, but trout after trout came in and I gave up so went back on maggot and caught dace after grayling after dace. Plus a nice perch at one stage.

Bloody Hell......there was a time when his fizzog was never out of the weeklies. Same sort of level too....sensationalising the bleedin obvious. Git.
Oh come on Skip, you're still a bit pi$$ed off with him for ruining your zander fishing. You should have made friends with him, he may have given you his autograph. :wh:eek:mg:

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Oh come on Skip, you're still a bit pi$$ed off with him for ruining your zander fishing. You should have made friends with him, he may have given you his autograph. :wh:eek:mg:

Believe me Jeff my pathological dislike of the bloke pre dates him gatecrashing my zander session by about 25 years. He is just one of those people that gets right up my hooter.

You are dead right about trout and bread btw....they cannot leave it alone.

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Thankfully it only took less than a couple of minutes (without sound) to determine the river in question - what happened next never happened.................:)

PS Skip - It's now 6 years, nine months and 23 days since I last bumped into the POD.................

Last edited: