Fishing the River Nidd near Wetherby, North Yorks

keora

Reaction score
I'm thinking of joining the Bradford No. 1 Angling Association so I can fish its stretch of the River Nidd at Cowthorpe, near Wetherby.

I've fished the Nidd further downstream in recent years. The summer fishing was fairly good, I had a few barbel, but in winter I rarely caught anything.

Could any members please advise me on how the Cowthorpe length fishes in winter? I'm mainly interested in fishing for chub and occasionally pike.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I am a member of Bradford No1, but only for one water. I've never clapped eyes on Cowthorpe, so I can't help much. However, if you are on Facebook, have a look for the Bradford No1 Angling Association group. There is plenty of activity on there and lots of stuff about all of their waters and matches.

spenbeck

Reaction score
Hi Keora,

At this time of year there are still chub and barbel to be caught, but mainly chub. We also get pestered with pike during the match held on there.

keora

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, it seems worth joining. I understand that there's about 3000 yds of fishing and three car parks, which should give easy access.

spenbeck

Reaction score
The longest walks from the car parks is about 800 yards to the middle of the lengths.

keora

Reaction score
Thanks, I've bought a year book and ordered plans showing the access to all the fisheries which the club has.