Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All this Rain

Blog Entries

Default Re: All this Rain

In fact one glimmer of optimism is that a few years ago Severn Trent built one on the tidal at Newton on Trent just like that and take water on the out going tide.
    Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

John, when the work was completed it ruined one of the best Areas of the Tidal for pike and Barbel.

On my return to oxford I got only a few good days before a great deluge started. The usual meadows, prairies became lakes as expected, but this time the level went up to the highest recorded in the last 70 years (for the 3rd time).

Interestingly, while fishing a local stream right after the water levels were going down, I met a local resident who said the fish populations decrease were due to cormoran and otters. Well...., perhaps those beings have something to do with this, but I say.... since 2012 the different small streams have gone through several years of heavy flooding followed by months of heavy temperatures. River washed up, river deprived of oxygen... anything relating to the Seacourt stream, Botley stream etc being now entirely empty??

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    In fact one glimmer of optimism is that a few years ago Severn Trent built one on the tidal at Newton on Trent just like that and take water on the out going tide.
    Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

John, when the work was completed it ruined one of the best Areas of the Tidal for pike and Barbel.
    Oh I didnt know that. See you Monday.

Blog Entries

It has been tipping it down all day here today. The prevailing wind here seems to direct the rain straight onto my satellite dish making a sound like being under the brolly in the rain when fishing

The forecast is for more rain up until almost midnight tonight and the river across the road is already pretty full . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

What an absolutely horrible day. It was raining when I got up at 7am and it hasnt stopped all day....nor will it here until about 4am tomorrow according to the MO Weather Fairy. Ive been out twice and its bloody freezin too....fortunately they've moved the Polling Station to just across the road from us so I didn't get too wet casting my tactical vote.

I have just taken out the black bin and it's raining hard just as it was at 7.00am and at all times in between .I absolutely hate weather like this and dread to think what my favoured fisheries will be like- underwater! I would rather have frost and snow but little chance of that.

Same here, & I gave up on the idea of fishing’s at all today. One of the brooks nearby looks like it will burst its banks again if we have much more.

Time to get adventurous and fish a canal..
    Rarely flooded and full of fish!

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Time to get adventurous and fish a canal..
    Rarely flooded and full of fish!
    Ooh yes!
    But less adventurous around here, as the towpath is always is good enough condition
    Actually, the first time I tried the canal was when I had planned for the Thames a few weeks ago, only to find that I would need a diving wetsuit

Blog Entries

My Trentside spy has informed me the rivers come up again and will be difficult to fish .
    I haven't been this week but hope to go tomorrow so my plans being scuppered my new plannow is to fish a tiny beck that's normally little more than a foot deep but will now be maybe four or five which at times like this can hold a few Dace.
    The swim is a little unusual as I will be running a float underneath the A1.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast