Hemp...the best way to prepare it ?

D

Dek Causer

this season will see me fishing the severn for roach, so i'd like to know has anyone got any tricks up their sleeve for the preparation of hemp FOR THE HOOK, and while were at it what about tares..has anyone actually ever used them sucessfully for big roach, and if so whats the best way to prepare that

W

William Spencer

soak your hemp for a day or two in water this will swell it up.the night before you fish put the hemp in a flask.fill with boiling water to within 3 inches of the top.in the morning bang mega hemp.as for tares soak as for hemp,boil it up in a pan until it softens not too mushy but so it's hookable.half a pint of tares to around two pints of hemp should be ample.loosefeed hemp and fish the tares on your hook.you might have to wait quite a while for your bites but the bites come from a better stamp of fish

A

alan fox

clean then soak for 24 hours cook in micra wave for about 1o min untill you see white cornal,keep juice for ground bait.

S

Stuart Johnson

Alan is that 1 min or 10 mins, and approx how much hemp.

A

alan fox

Stuart its 10 min use a pint jug fill half way cover with water cook.its stinks the kitchen out thats why my wife makes me cook it in the garage,you can freeze it.

R

Richard Hall

alans right about the stink, I use a pressure cooker for my hemp- the wife moans like crazy about the mess I make/ the smell/ the scary steam hissing out of the pressure cooker. She hasn't banished me to the garage yet although that smells even worse 'cos my nets are kept in ther.
And if I cook tares, they smell even worse!

S

Stuart Johnson

The smell is a bit off, so I have been preparing mine in flasks. But the idea of cooking it in a micro is appealing as its lucks like its much quicker and i can get a cheap micro to use in the garage.