Korum Glide float

Andy M

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a Korum Glide power float rod for barbel/chub/tench. Does anyone have any personal experience of these rods or knowledge of their qualities or lack thereof? Many thanks in advance for any info.

stevejay

Reaction score
Have a look at Danny's Angling Blog on You Tube, he has a couple recent videos where he uses that rod - seems like he is happy with it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have a look at Danny's Angling Blog on You Tube, he has a couple recent videos where he uses that rod - seems like he is happy with it.

He is sponsored by them, so any review by Danny will have some bias.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I was thinking of buying a Korum Glide power float rod for barbel/chub/tench. Does anyone have any personal experience of these rods or knowledge of their qualities or lack thereof? Many thanks in advance for any info.

Any decent power waggler rod will do the job. I have a Daiwa SR3, Maver Totality and a Leeda Concept carp waggler that is around 20 years old, They are all good rods.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I bought the Korum Glide 12ft-14ft a couple of months ago (4 piece incl the dolly insert) from my local tackle shop for a very fair price.

Haven't had too many opportunities to try it out since then but did have an excellent session with the Dorset Stour chub in between the floods. I used it at its full 14ft paired with a JW Young BJ 4.5" centrepin. I had a lot of chub from a really pacey swim, stood in the river and trotting down a long way, and included 3 x 6lbs+ fish. The rod handled that situation very well although I thought it was a tad too beefy for that job. It was a tiring day but that was more because of the heavy flow and slow patient job of getting the chub back up to the net rather than the rod being used.

I then used it at 12ft (3 piece) on the river Test paired with a JW Young Super Lightweight 4" centrepin. That felt really good and very comfortable. It handled quite a number of brown trout and sea trout, some to around 7lbs/8lbs, in very pacey swims, very well indeed. By late afternoon I was abusing the rod by really bending into these swim wreckers and I was well impressed. I failed to stop a double figure salmon but kept in touch for quite a while! I also had a lot of decent roach to almost 2lbs, chub to 4lbs and perch to 2lbs and didn't feel it was overpowering those fish.

My go to trotting rods are all quite old: 2 x JW Young 13ft Specimen Float rods, a Greys 13ft Power Float and a Korum 3G Medium Float. The new Korum Glide matches up very well indeed but I definitely have a preference for the 12ft set up and expect to be using it a lot on my local D. Stour and H. Avon.

Andy M

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response Neil. I think I will take the plunge esp as the price is very reasonable.

And a very Happy New Year and Tight Lines to all on the forum!