Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  58
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: The greatest worry for mankind

Computers, algorithms etc which deny common sense and can only interpret a series of letters and not context. I give up. I like a pair of kippers and a good coat of wax on the bodywork and a repellant like rainx can reduce the amounts of dead bugs. They are much reduced in number however.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Just about as confusing as a pair of kippers.
    It’s all going **** up S, what with me cannot tell the difference between a Vulture and a Sparrow anymore, what a pair of kippers are, our poor editor wandering around foreign airports in a dazed state of confusion, even the spell check is confused now, the future of this forum does not look bright.

Any chance the intelligence of insects has evolved and they have learnt to stay out of the path of moving vehicles ? Far out there I know but nature has a persistent way of adapting and surviving

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

Splattered bugs will be replaced by humans when we’ve all gone electric and we can’t hear them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Splattered bugs will be replaced by humans when we’ve all gone electric and we can’t hear them coming.
    The thought of autonomous cars scare me,

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

No doubt that climate change is a serious issue and that we all need to contribute to doing something about it, but there is one issue that almost nobody talks about. I suspect that the reason is that it is incredibly hard to remain pc for more than a few moments when you get onto the subject.

There are just too many of us; population growth is happening at an ever-increasing pace. Unless we do something about population growth, nothing else will make any real impression on the problem. World population is currently estimated at 7.7 billion. By 2050 it is projected to reach almost 10 billion, so think about it. If every man, woman and child in the world decreases their carbon footprint by around 30% in the next 30 years, population growth alone will wipe out all of the benefits of what they have achieved.

It's certainly a minefield for politicians, but the simple truth is that the world as a whole needs to do something about population control. For all the talk about electric cars, changing from gas to electric heating and going vegetarian we just can't go on breeding the way we are.
    Last edited by David Gane; 17-01-2020 at 16:14.

Cheer up-Here's my new great nephew, I am a great uncle, awesome. I am on my way out and he's just come in, population equilibrium maintained. He will drive an electric car, eat stem cell grown meat or be a veggie and the world would have cooled down by the time he starts fishing (I hope he doesn't freeze to death), I am leaving him my best split cane rod, so he doesn't fish with polluting ****; I am sure he will love that!!!. He will probably live in a bio degradable solar powered yogurt bin or something and his carbon footprint will be -100. Mind you he's American and his name is Emery, not sure why he's named after a cloth but still bloody awesome. Say hello Emery, take no notice, your future is brighter than these would have you believe.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself, just got this today. as you all were
    Attached Images Attached Images The greatest worry for mankind-great-nephew.2.jpg 
    Last edited by markg; 17-01-2020 at 16:59.

Very true and it's the elephant in the room. Something will happen to man either by some superbug, natural disaster or starvation. India and Nigeria are the fastest growing and between them make up 1.7 billion yet we give them aid. Why? They and all countries should have restrictions on numbers, voluntary or otherwise. The planet cannot provide for the current numbers let alone those estimated in 30 years time.

Land for growing and water will be the commodities most wanted by fair means or foul. I won't be around but we owe it to the kids we have mass produced.

I have to agree too. To me it is wrong to bring a child into the world knowing that you will not be able to support them and are sentencing them to a life of misery picking over rubbish tips or begging on trains. I find it hard to accept that India has a space programme which cannot be anything other than horrendously expensive, whilst some of its population is in abject poverty. I know that I will be accused of seeing this through western eyes and being ignorant of Indian life and society. At the end of the day it is only my opinion
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Indian life is abject contradiction. The rich are very rich , they have a caste system with those at the bottom called untouchables. They do have a space programme while 1 billion poor people have to c*** In the fields and have no running water.

Yet we give them aid and provide jobs for them in their call centres. When you get through they are invariably male and called Fred Tomlinson. Its Kafkaesque.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast