Whats Difference

dalesman

Reaction score
Been asked what difference between a method feeder rod and a carp feeder rod, a lad from work who is retiring wants to take up angling. I fish running water

bracket

Reaction score
Also being a river man I too am no expert. My calculated guess would be that the difference would be the price. But then I was ever the cynic. Pete

chrissh

Reaction score
Found this on the Drennan page it looks like the method feeder rod will take heaver line

10ft to 11ft Carp Feeder Ideal with 4lb to 7lb reel lines

11ft to 12ft Method Feeder Ideal with 5lb to 10lb reel lines

Aknib

Reaction score
The heavier line rating on the method feeder rod makes sense to me, given the nature of the bites which often tear away and theoretically warrant heavier gear to withstand them.

bracket

Reaction score
Aknib. Can't fault your theory Steve. In practice it is somewhat different. When my son in law, Chris comes down to see me I take him to Todber Manor Fishery, because he's in to commercials. Last time we went I fished a 10 ft Maver bagging waggler rod that also has a feeder tip top section. Used method feeder with 6lb main line and 4lb hook length and bagged 94 carp to 10lb, but most in the 4 to 6lb range. Never lost a fish or got broke up. Did get bored to death after two hours though, just stuck it out for Chris's sake. That's the sacrifices you make to please family. Pete

Last edited: