Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Placing stotz on line.

Been tying a few pole rigs up these last couple of days, now I like using stotz for these, but my large hands struggle fitting them to the line.

Anyway I had an idea how to make it easier, I place the stotz on my bench with the groove facing down, and picked them up with a small pair of long nosed pliers, with the hook over a nail keeping the line tight in my left hand, i placed the groove in the stotz on the line and squeezed the pliers to secure it on the line, it worked a treat and it’s the easiest way I’ve found of doing it.

Default Re: Placing stotz on line.

I do a lot of my shot placement just like that using forceps.

I know I often scoff at the explosion of gizmo's, but I have a couple of the little pliers sold for the job by PI.
    Wide-mouthed and putting you at 90 degrees to the business end, you can pick the stotz up easily and squeeze them on evenly. Whenever I've squeezed them on some other way, I find they don't always work perfectly, partly coming way from the line, for example, or proving harder to slide than they should.

Although I don't use a pole these days I do still use stotz for my presentation when necessary. I've used one of these for many years now and it's perfect for applying shot and stotz as well as removing them without damaging the line.

CLICK HERE
    Last edited by barbelboi; 29-01-2020 at 16:24. Reason: Typo
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

I uses the dinsmores type stotz they come with a holding toll

select the size stotz tap the holder the stots slide along a bar grove side down push the tool on to the stotz and clamp it to the line

The tool also works with PI stotz

http://
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

I use a Preston Stotta. Lie stot with groove up on a flat surface, place taught line in the groove then squeeze on.

I found the stotta to small for my hands, it gave me cramp trying to use it To put the stotz on.

Blog Entries

I use a couple of pairs of s/steel pliers which i use,i place the stot z groove down in my palm,depress the pliers,(which opens them),release them which grips them,then align the stotz,then sqeeze the tip of the plier to close them,effective 99.9% of the time and far nearer than ordinary type pliers...if i get a chance i will look up what they are called,i think middy made them,but maybe not....

Blog Entries

Right,i looked on the Benwick Sports website and found the above shot pliers by Nu-fish,£2.75,i didnt get mine from there and they werent made by that company,but they are the same,although small because they grip the stot lightly they are very efficient and dont take up a lot of room plus being light...

Blog Entries

I just nip them together with my teeth, I use a stotter to take them off if need be.
    For styles I use double sided tape, stick it to my desk then stick the style to the tape with the line laid down the split, nip together with style pliers. Easy ways to do most things, unsteady hand is a pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast