Whip fish size?

Just Paul 1

Reaction score
Hi. I've had tench just over 4lb but, that was with a 4 meter whip with number 3 elastic. I would never use my Preston's flick tip whip, that would be suicidal. It all depends on what your after. Personally, I wouldn't use my flick tip for anything more than when roach fishing. Anything bigger then I would be inclined to use elasticated whip or rod.

Just Paul 1

Reaction score
Hi there. I've had tench up to 4lb on a 4 meter whip with number 3 elastic, great sport. I also use a Preston's flick tip which I only use for smaller fish , roach, perch and skimmers on canals. If I'm fishing for bream on canal I would generally use a elasticated whip or medium length pole.also ! If you have a flick tip whip for example around 5 to 7 meters in length, they are great when fishing on small rivers.

WorcesterAd

Reaction score
Yeah, fishing with a 5 or 7m whip on a river is great fun. I've got one of these whips:
Trabucco Atomic Fr Power Lite - Piscor
It is a 'power' whip I guess and can handle chub and small barbel without elastic. I think it was also designed for mullet/sea bream fishing in the sea like the Italians do in the Med sea.