A tip for pole and whip users.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Following a recent thread talking of reel seats etc, I bought some shrink tube that has certainly made for a more ergonomic and comfortable grip and it was a further comment from Rayner saying he chose a particular whip because it had a cork handle that set me to thinking again whilst battling cabin fever.

I’ve used some of this shrink tube to cover the grip section of one of my whips which I think will bring three advantages.

On a rare blisteringly hot day a pole or whip can be almost unbearable to handle, this rubber will negate that Problem hopefully to a large extent.

Definitely a better grip in the hand and will add some protection to the carbon.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
A friend of mine used the handle material off tennis raquets on a couple of whips, this gave a better grip and also being a fabric type material was ideal for cleaning maggot dust or groundbait off hand as used whip.

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
Yep, self adhesive tennis grip tape for me. Only a couple of quid from a local sports shop and the grip of my whip is transformed in hot or cold weather. Recommended.

Richox12

Reaction score
On a whip where your hand stays in one place a grip is or can be useful. But for a long pole it is a definite no no.