Line for trotting

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its pointless naming them as I use different lines for different jobs.

That said...For " light" trotting I've yet to find anything I like better than Sufix Dura Flex but it is increasingly hard to find in the lower bs/diameters and it would not be my 1st choice for feeder work. I've got a few spools in stock but when they're gone they're gone and I'll probably have to find something else to use.....it wont be Sensor though.

Ok, so what would you recommend for heavier trotting?

trotter2

Reaction score
That's exactly my position too. It matters not to me whoever uses Sensor if they get on with it....all I've ever said is that I dont ( at all) and that there are (imo) far better lines out there. Its pointless naming them as I use different lines for different jobs.

That said...For " light" trotting I've yet to find anything I like better than Sufix Dura Flex but it is increasingly hard to find in the lower bs/diameters and it would not be my 1st choice for feeder work. I've got a few spools in stock but when they're gone they're gone and I'll probably have to find something else to use.....it wont be Sensor though.

First time I have seen that line mentioned, had to Google it to be honest lowest dia is 5 lb I can find.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ok, so what would you recommend for heavier trotting?

Not something I do so I have no recommendation....and in any case lines are entirely personal preferences. All I would say is that to use any brand in which you don’t have 100% faith is to miss the point. I have only ever said I don’t like Sensor...that hasn’t changed and nor will it. You do...and thats fine by me.

fishface1

Reaction score
I’ve used most of the above... currently the Dave Harrell pro float is my fav. The drennan stuff seems to be more prone to tangles/unexplained breakages than previously, but this is not a scientific analysis....
Most of my fishing is with 3.6 hook links, so I up my main line to 4lb plus. If I’m after barbel, then it’s sensor, as I’ll be using a 6ssg float or larger and it doesn’t matter if it is a perfectly floating line as you can always mend against the bigger float.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
First time I have seen that line mentioned, had to Google it to be honest lowest dia is 5 lb I can find.

As I recall 0.14 Duraflex is about 5lb bs whereas 0.14 Drennan FF is about 2.6lb bs. Its the only " hi-tec low diameter" line I've any confidence in. It floats, it knots well and isn't prone to sudden catastrophic failure. I use it in 0.14 and 0.16 for floatfishing and for hooklinks in 0.16 and 0.18 if I'm feeder fishing. Its good stuff imo and worth trying a spool if you can find some. Not the cheapest but not silly expensive either. Its clear too which I like.

I've not used it for heavy work although a few years back I was fishing a lake choked with lilies which you sometimes had to drag the tench out of. I was on 9.9lb bs DF and it never failed me once.

I dont really understand why Sufix abandoned it in the lower bs. Maybe it just didnt sell as more and more people moved into carp fishing.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Lol,there is another line i would not put anywhere near my reels,duraflex,horrible imo,good job someone does though lol.