Best value sub ?80 Float rod

sonny miles-currey

Reaction score
I am looking also for a float rod to be used on commercials.Fishing for all different sizes of fish /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif some waggler work will be done and sum skimmer fishign.Just looking for a good all round float rod /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif will be happy to pay up to £100.

thnx please post

Reaction score
By the sounds of it, a Drennan Series 7 rod would suit. Around ?70 -80 and you can choose a length that suits (11ft or 12ft from memory) and would do most of your commercial work. (Also great for the pellet wag)

Ryan

PS I'm sure others will have some good rod to recommend.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Drennan Series 7 12ft9in Puddlechucker or Series 7 11ft carp waggler have both superb rods £65-70

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Agreed with both above posts

I've just bought the Drennan Series 7 12 foot carp waggler - £80 comes with made up rod protector - not had chance to use it yet but having tried Posh Paul 12ft 9 puddle chucker I'd say it will be a good rod for waggler and capable of most you'll ask of it

E

EC

I'd go for a ShakespeareMachIII, loads of choices from acommercial float rod, canal float rodto general match rods. I've got the 13ft match which is ace for silvers but still has loads of power for chub and the likes. Comes with an ace rod pouch that it can be carried in, whilstfully made up with rod bands included. Cost me £65 I think.

Reaction score
Can I assure all that m'lud's fondling of my lengthy puddle-chucker was completely appropriate and consensual. There is no truth in the rumours of Inspector Knacker of the"The yard" visiting Furkham Hall in search of a cell-mate for Mr. O'Dowd. M'lud only uses those handcuffs on the more troublesome under-stair maids.

The Puddlechucker is an excellent rod, and I believe Ron has commented that is a rebranding of the legendary Drennan Tench Float Rod Mk1. Deepest apologies if I am wrong on this Mr. Clay.

Another recommended rod is this, the Abu Esprit.

Abu Esprit

I have used an Abu Zeus for years which pre-dates the Esprit and it's a banging rod (I'd buy the Esprit as well but with the Zeus, Puddlechucker and the Drennan Crystalite I am replete with 13ft float rods!!)

Poshers