Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Deep water tench

Another fan of fishing on the shelf or slope the maximum depth I fish either on the Northern deep reservoirs 30- 100ft. Deep 20 -50 ft 3 counties meres Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire for tench is 10 ft, preferably 7-8 ft if at all possible.

Blog Entries

From this time of year until temperatures rise push tench up the shelf they will run marginal drop offs as Sam(Chris)suggests,using heavy baiting with maggot and caster does get their interest,when they want to start feeding,its been an odd 'winter' this term,with mild weather up until now,exactly when you would expect temperatures to rise,along with daylight hours lengthening,please keep us updated,its always interesting to hear how others get on with their waters problems...

3. Default Re: Deep water tench

I'll keep you up to speed with my progress. I suspect it'll be a slow burner. But I like a challenge.
    Have a couple of shallower lakes to fish in spring before I tackle the deep one. But will defo have it prepped with bait and swims cut out

Blog Entries

Two deep lakes I fish would normally start producing tench in the next three weeks,they are waking up...

5. Default Re: Deep water tench

The levels are in the fields at the moment here. Woulsnt get within 50 yards or the shore line. Flooding terrible in the area and set to get worse

Quote Originally Posted by bencarvosso View Post
    The levels are in the fields at the moment here. Woulsnt get within 50 yards or the shore line. Flooding terrible in the area and set to get worse
    Same everywhere at the moment it seems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12