Drennan Acolyte

dalesman

Reaction score
A couple years ago anglers were condemning Drenan Acolyte for tips snapping.

Has the problem disappeared as I have not read or heard anything of late??.

I have 14' ultra and would not be with out it for all my trotting.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ssssshhh, we are all being very careful.

rob48

Reaction score
There were a lot of reported problems by anglers on the Upper Trent in my area. It was mainly 15 footers I think.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently there's a kot of clumsy anglers on the upper trent area :w.

rob48

Reaction score
Yes, one of them's tip fell apart as he was clumsily threading the line through the rings.

rob48

Reaction score
And the ones that dropped to bits casting, and the ones that folded over on striking. That's the trouble with the upper Trent match circuit, all those .08 hooklengths and size 22 and 24 hooks do nothing but foster outright clumsiness!

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I’ve got three, 2 ultras and a carp waggler. All bought used, and no problems.

Mostly fish commercials and catch plenty of carp on them.

Wonderful rods!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the ones that dropped to bits casting, and the ones that folded over on striking. That's the trouble with the upper Trent match circuit, all those .08 hooklengths and size 22 and 24 hooks do nothing but foster outright clumsiness!

I'm not arguing with you rob48, I agree, they are nothing but clumsy scrotes lol.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve got three, 2 ultras and a carp waggler. All bought used, and no problems.

Mostly fish commercials and catch plenty of carp on them.

Wonderful rods!

Your obviously not an upper trent angler though, otherwise there's little doubt that you would have broken all your accy rods with pure clumsiness :w.

trotter2

Reaction score
Who knows there may well have been problems when they were first launched, all I can say is all mine have been fine and I fish them a lot. Brilliant rods nothing better on the market imo.

mikench

Reaction score
I like mine very much; a 13' plus which was heavily road tested by an expert and deemed suitable for a numpty like me.:rolleyes:

john step

Reaction score
Touch wood. I have the 14 ft Ultra. Whilst silver wagglering I have hooked and landed the odd unintended carp to low doubles with no ill effects. I must not be tempted to buy one of the stepped up versions. I must not be tempted to buy. I must not be tempted. I must not. I must.............

trotter2

Reaction score
Don't forget they has been shed loads of those sold ,when you imagine the vast numbers sold there is bound to be a few lets say mishaps along the way. In my local the lads inform me they probably sell 10 to 1 compared to anything else they stock.
And that's taking the market as a whole that's some rods going out the door. Good on drennan they are competitively priced to sell. Don't let a few breaks put you off its a tiny fraction when you consider sales.

steve2

Reaction score
The word Acolyte means an attendant at public worship.
Does that mean that all owners of these rods are worshipping at the alter of Drennan or is Drennan a cover for a religious sect.

rob48

Reaction score
Such was the scale of destruction that, in desperation, the ham-fisted upper trent match anglers were forced to source float rods from alternative brands. Then, mysteriously, after familiarisation with the products of messrs Preston, Maver, Daiwa, Browning, and others, they resumed the compilation of double-figure nets of roach together with the occasional specimen chub or barbel. All landed on tiny hooks and ulta-fine hook-lengths, without further incident.
It was as though their hitherto inherent clumsiness had disappeared like a bad smell. Some of the finest minds in angling have considered long and hard these unworldly events, but none have yet been able to offer a plausible explanation for this remarkable phenomena.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Such was the scale of destruction that, in desperation, the ham-fisted upper trent match anglers were forced to source float rods from alternative brands. Then, mysteriously, after familiarisation with the products of messrs Preston, Maver, Daiwa, Browning, and others, they resumed the compilation of double-figure nets of roach together with the occasional specimen chub or barbel. All landed on tiny hooks and ulta-fine hook-lengths, without further incident.
It was as though their hitherto inherent clumsiness had disappeared like a bad smell. Some of the finest minds in angling have considered long and hard these unworldly events, but none have yet been able to offer a plausible explanation for this remarkable phenomena.

You do seem to have a isssue with the accy rods, have you used one yourself?