Auto-Renewing April 1st Licences

Aknib

Reaction score
Anyone here on an auto-renewal which runs from or close after 1st April?

Mine does need renewing but I don't do it automatically so won't be renewing until the lockdown is eventually lifted and we can all go fishing again, especially as the licence now runs twelve months from date purchased.

Anyone on auto-renew and will you postpone until you can get out again?

nottskev

Reaction score
Mine came in the post a few days ago. I don't think I could face trying to reorganise renewal, so I'll just take the hit and add it to the two pints of maggots in the fridge and any other plans for the next however many weeks.

Reaction score
My licence came about two weeks ago,i dont auto renew...

john step

Reaction score
I used to auto renew by direct debit but when they changed the 3 rod licence business their system couldn't cope and it cancelled my DD.
I did it on line and received it a couple of days ago.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
If we are grounded for a few weeks I guess the administrative costs of renewing/reissuing licences would be prohibitive. However if we are grounded for [say] 3 months then I dont see why licences for 20/21 valid on [say] 1March could not be extended until [say] June 21....in effect extending their validity by the length of any lockdown.

If it can be done for MOTs why not rod licences ? I renewed mine on-line on 15 March so I think I used my "new" licence once before lockdown.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll begrudgedly renew mine when and if i'm still here and we are allowed to go fishing again.
I'd rather not get one at all though.....'kin rip off!

rich66

Reaction score
Do they still offer auto renewal ? Just bought mine a couple of days before Boris stopped us

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Did not get mine until June 29th last year so a bit lucky on that score. I doubt we will still be not fishing by then this year but if we are, I will wait till we are before renewing. The pro-rata 12 month came in handy for me last year and I didn't see why not take advantage of it.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
I renew mine at the post office, it runs out on the 1 st of April as usual, but I’ll leave it till the restrictions are lifted this year, might as well gain the extra time.

rayner

Reaction score
When the more flexible start date for the annual licence came in I was determined I would still keep the April first as my start date.
Circumstance sort of forced me into not renewing until the lockdown has ended. So after my twelve-week layoff. I expect I'll make sure I have my licence ready for then.

chrissh

Reaction score
My license runs out on the 1st of April but as things are Im holding off until we can get back out and if it runs in to May I the qualify for to old gits rate

rayner

Reaction score
My license runs out on the 1st of April but as things are Im holding off until we can get back out and if it runs in to May I the qualify for to old gits rate

I think most folk who don't use the direct debit option are holding off for a while.
The EA will be asking for an increase before too long. I had notification my licence was due as usual.

fred hall

Reaction score
Stupid me, the reminder came on an email about 3 weeks ago and this idiot dutifully renewed for 1st April onwards!

trotter2

Reaction score
Going to hang on, no telling how long it will be before we are allowed back out. Could be wasting your money.

mikench

Reaction score
I renewed on 1st march so am missing out but then I joined another club at the same time and managed one trip. That's life. If thousands don't renew until the lockdown is lifted expect delays in getting your licence and the robustness of the EA site will be tested.

nottskev

Reaction score
Out of all the things I'm concerned about now, the few quid wasted on my renewed license is well down the list.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I will renew my licence when we are 'allowed out' again. We seem to be considered a 'special' sport, or whatever you wish to call it. You don't seem to need a licence (apart from a gun licence which makes sense) to take part in other sports/hobbies, you just pay the green fees, pitch fees, court fees, club membership, whatever as and when you wish to participate. They wouldn't dare make you buy a licence to play golf, tennis, basket ball, squash, badminton, etc..........................