Nightlight floats required

Jim Murray

Reaction score
I need some new floats for the tench on the canal, it's fairly shallow and I normally fish the lift method.

I've never been happy with the silicon tube attachment as it is fiddly and can damage the float. I'm aware of the Drennan ones but they all appear to be slim tip wagglers with not a lot of buoyancy. Also some on Ebay but the ones I've seen are sets with all different lengths of float - as I'll be fishing shallow water I'm really after wagglers or driftbeaters no longer than about 6 inches.

Anyone know if there are any out there?

Philip

Reaction score
I know what you mean about silcon being a bit fiddley and can damage the float.

What I ended up doing is just getting a few spares of my preferred float & fitting them permenantly with with silicon for night fishing so I dont have to take it on & off all the time.

Jim Murray

Reaction score
I know what you mean about silcon being a bit fiddley and can damage the float.

What I ended up doing is just getting a few spares of my preferred float & fitting them permenantly with with silicon for night fishing so I dont have to take it on & off all the time.

I'll probably end up doing similar, maybe modifying a normal driftbeater to take a starlight, it would be a pain having to change floats as the sun went down.

Philip

Reaction score
If you use a float adapter to attach it to the line then you dont need to break it down.

Granted that either way your still having to push a float into a silicon tube but pushing the float eye into an adapter is usually allot less fiddley or damaging then pushing silcon onto the float tip.

Something to try anyway.