Gaywoods Fishery (Herts)

C

Chris Hewett

Just wonderingif anyone has any information or has fishedat this fishery??

I'm taking the missusfishing for the first time this weekendand what I've heard about this place is that its full with silvers and larger Carp,Tench etc...

I know its winter and could be hard but any information would be great

Thanks Chris,

C

Chris Hewett

Thanks Red Army for that,I've just spoken to the owner and the place is closed until further notice???

Red Army

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gifdid he say why, KHV issues or something?

NIGE K

Reaction score
if you go down to the gaywoods today your sure of a big surprise./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

C

Chris Hewett

Not to sure but I think she said that it was there close season until March??

But then she said call before to make sure there open again??

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
Gaywoods has more rules and bans than you can shake a stick at. There,s usually a big white board on the gates with all the do's and dont's and they seem tochange daily depending on her mood, time of themonth or if a baits catching more than they think it should.

Red Army

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jim Bowdrey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Jim Bowdrey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Gaywoods has more rules and bans than you can shake a stick at. There,s usually a big white board on the gates with all the do's and dont's and they seem tochange daily depending on her mood, time of themonth or if a baits catching more than they think it should.</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Sounds pretty much like Alders Farm then /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

C

Chris Hewett

When I spook to her she came across as a very nice and polite person,

Some of the comments I have read about the owners and the fishery have not been good at all but as Isaid she came across very well to me????

Just can't understand why they are having a closed season nowfor?????

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Just down the road from me.I doubt that they would get many anglers through the door at this time of the year so probably not worth opening up would be my guess.I must give it a go someday to see for myself.

C

Chris Hewett

I'm now going to Twynersh or The Royal berkshire fishery I think?????

Both fisherys are a bit out of the way for us(watford) and Twynersh seems a lot of money for a day ticket(£15) but with taking the missus for the first timeI'm looking for a good day ticket water were we will catch a few fish

Doesn't have to be Carp.

Roach,Perch etc.. would be fine,Any ideas??

C

Chris Hewett

Hi everyone,We fished at the royal berkshire fishery in the end and I wish we had'nt of bothered

Yes it was cold,But for a fishery thats full of silvers I would of expected a bit???

I even went down to a 1lb bottom with single maggot and still didn't get a thing??

Red Army

Reaction score
Then as Jim said try the GUC either main canal or Wendover or Aylesbury Arm next time. For silver at this time of the year all you would need is punch bread over liquidised bread. There's no way you can fail to catch there on bread. Use Warburtons white medium (the waxy blue bag) for the punch and Tesco value white medium to liquidise.. /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif