FM In France

C

Carp Angler

Just one correction for Graham's failing memory.

My cat was caught on a livebait, not whilst fishing for the carp ;o)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here we go, I try to be kind by not calling it a kitten and what do I get?

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
To clarify the picture of Dave P with "Dopey", we caught that fish no less than 3 times in the week, twice in one day.

I had it first on standard bolt rig and boilie on the Monday, Dave caught it second again on a boilie on Thursday, then me again from off the surface later the same day. Hence the name!

C

Carp Angler

Coops,
you forgot to mention the impromptu BBQ we had at your lake on the Weds.

Fine wine and generous amounts of steak.

Aaaahhhh, bliss......

P

Paul Williams

I'll wager "impromptu" means your fine wine and steaks was had away by bandits...eh Coops??

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
You're right there Brummie! He threatened us with his intestinal gases and we had no choice but to cook about 2 cows worth of meat which he consumed at an alarming rate. Then washed it down with copious amounts of our best red which cost us 80p a litre. To top it all he had the cheek to land a carp from our lake while he was waiting for the steak to cook.

S

Stormin' Norman

And bloody grumbled constantly for an hour or so. After that (16lb carp from the snag tree on a barbel rod and pin. 3 steak sandwiches and a couple of burgers, large glasses of wine and smokes) the old chap mellowed out a bit and was reduced to insulting Limestone for fun.

G

Gary Knowles

"reduced to insulting Limestone for fun" - don't be too harsh Norm, Insulting Limestone is an integral part of a holiday - fun doesn't enter into it !

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Well, he does have a northern accent - you can't help but take the p**s!

G

Gary Knowles

Oh, his partner in crimes woken up now.....Who won the fish loosing contest this year Coops ?

P

Paul Williams

I here Rik BBQ'd all the bream they caught....ready for Roto to arrive!......Rik always catches when he picks someone elses rod up, he did it to me at Sway!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"Oh, his partner in crimes woken up now.....Who won the fish loosing contest this year Coops ?"

Limestone was a clear winner this time Barnie. His flash new Nash rods and irridescent Maver reels couldn't fill the skill gap. I shook a couple off when it was raining.....

S

Steve King

"for a raucous belch triggered a frog chorus from all three lakes down the valley"
This bring to mind the Budwieser advert from a year or so ago!

William James

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanted to provide an update on the situation with Exclusive Angling Holidays. Obviously this thread is long dead so this is mainly for the benefit of those who search this forum. The company was purchased from Colin Maclean in January of this year in a deal that included the three Etangs Des Papillons lakes: Rouge, Vert and Bleu. The other lakes previously associated with the company are now run separately by Colin (including Kingfisher).

The lakes are still being run as a commercial fishery.

William James
Co-Owner