Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closed season

1. Default

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good job I aint gonna fish for them then [img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

We did when we were kids though and caught plenty of em......

Got nabbed by an EA bailiff once and he wanted to know where we got the maggots from, this was before the abolition on stillwaters.</blockquote>
    &quot;We&quot;...................our kid always gets the blame.[img]/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif[/img]

Im lucky enough to have a few waters very near me that are open all year round, not commercial waters, just small ponds with lots of silver fish and the odd Crucian.

I will be visiting those at least once a week till June...

I am going to practice my pole fishing skills again, its been a long time since I used a pole regularly and I have just bought a new very light Shimano Exage from Fosters with which so to do.

Someone told me polefishing on the river is allowed because it isn't a running line and I believe him - he knows things - honest [img]/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif[/img]

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

hahaha, like it Graham

Blog Entries

Paul,

During the close season for coarse fish on our rivers I cease to fish for them totally. I don't fish ponds, canals, lakes or commercials. I makeone exception for the Keith Culley Memorial 'match' at Clattercote - but then I rarely catch bogger- all so its not really 'fishing' is it?

I do however get my fly rods out and thoroughly enjoy 3/4/5 months of fly fishing on the lakes, and then a little later on the rivers.

I'll be fishing my local trout lakes in the next couple of weeks and then onto the local rivers. I'll also be taking a few trips to Avington and the Itchen and the Test from April through end of May.

Hopefully I'll get a few fly fishing trips for Sea Trout and Salmon later on in the year as well.

Just because one cannot fish the rivers for coarse fish it doesn't mean one has to stop fishing for 90 days.

PS: Graham - your friend needs to re-read the 'rules' LOL

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I never used to fish in the closed season but I do these days when it warms up a bit.

Now all these coarse chappies are out of the way it's out with the fly rod and down to the river. Up here the trout are in superb fighting order and with any sort of a hatch on they are feeding hard.

Top sport.[img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12