bullocks farm and plantations lakes...

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Me and a mate are planning a trip to Somerset in a couple of weeks... we're probably going to have a day at Bullocks Farm and a day at Plantations lakes, both in Kingston Seymour. I would think we'll probably both be "pleasure" fishing i.e. one float rod and one rod on an alarm.

Does anyone here fish these venues regularly? Any tips or advice would be gratefully received!!

cheers

Jim

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Is that a "no" then? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

(just bringing this back up...) Come on, someone's been there surely?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I know of them Jim, but don't frequent them so I can't offer any advice.

Good luck mate.

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Cheers Steve

I've got a feeling that both are fairly easywaters - that was why we choose them in the first place, a bit of close season r'n'r before the rivers have us tearing our hair out agin!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You'll deffo catch on most methods Jim.

You might find some info for Bullocks farm in the match results?

I know how you feel mate.

Muffin

Reaction score
There is viaduct fisheries in somerset also, and I've been informed this is fishing well and a great place to fish.

Bullocks farm is a true commerical style venue if thats what floats your boat, plantations and viaduct are a bit more 'natural'.

good luck

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Well well, we're back now and it was a bit of a tale of two fisheries...

We fished Bullocks on the Tuesday and Plantations on theWednesday. Just pulling in to the car park at bullocks, the first thing that struick mewashow busy the place was. And then as we walked round, it struck me how much I didn't like it! Noreally my cup of tea, very tightly pegged and pole/ match orientated. We didn't have a particularly stunning day either, what with the bright sunshine andbiting wind...

Day two at plantations was a different kettleof fish (pun intended)....a nice open lake withsensibly spaced pegs. Much better weather conditions too (warm, overcast/ sunny intervals/a very slight breeze) and we caught from the off. It did slow down at lunchtime for about three hours, then round about 4 o'clock we started getting regular bites again which was a shame as we had tobe on the road home by 5!

Funny thing is, I expected toenjoy Bullocks more, which is why we fished there first (with a full evening to fish in to). Just goes to show that the internet can't tellyou everything!! I'm not saying Bullocks is a crap fishery -it's welll run and obviously highly stocked. However, it's just not for someone like me who doesn't use a pole and wants to cast more than 20 yards!

Is Viaduct that bad? That's a fishery we were going to try next time...

john charlton 2

Reaction score
hi jim

i used to go down to somerset with a fishing club fishing matches and im with you regarding bullocks(no space) the best water for me is landsend farm at wedmore i think and fish the specimen pool or the old match lake but saying that he did dig a few more and they may well be good as well! youll see it usually in the match results last time i had 79lb for 5th with the top 3 all 100lb plus and its not all carp good tench also.

regarding viaduct i enjoyed a days pleasure fishing there and its a great looking fishery with some great fish in it!

theres also emerald pool that as a website and my dad swears by the place!

Muffin

Reaction score
I forgot about Landsend!

Its a beauty, thats where I had my pb carp 27lbs and also my pb tench 7lbs 2ozs!

A nice location and lakes, stuffed full of fish but well managed. Good shout John /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

Jim Crosskey 2

cheers John/ Muffin - I'll check it out. Possibility of a trip in August (mate's stag do) dependant on the necessary permission!

danielecerullo

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old post but I've been fishing bullock farm quite a lot recently even go as far to say as it's become my local. And I've got to say the fishing and the quality of the fish are second to none, I've had some lovely long narrow broad headed carp. Plus all your favorite match speices with a few koi and golden tench thrown in. Really pretty fish and a really nice set up, if any of you find yourself in the area give it a look up, highly recommended!!