Jacob's View Fishery (A51 Nantwich Cheshire)

Nel

Reaction score
Has anyone fished a place called Jacob's View Fishery. Its located about 3 miles outside Nantwich on the A51. I have been to look at the place a few times but there never seems to be anyone fishing it. It looks like its an old quarry or gravel pit and looks very mature with plenty of vegitation and features. I guess it covers about4 or 5 acres. Theres a sign saying days tickets and what the rules are. I have asked at local tackle shops who know where it is but don't know what species it contains or how it fishes. Any info would be appreciated.

E

EC

I live near there mate, and have never even seen or heard of it. Which part of the A51 is it? The Chester side or the A51past Stapeley heading towards Stone?

Nel

Reaction score
EC. Its on the A51 past Stapeley heading towards stone. Theres a big sign on left. Theres a track which goes down to it and before you reach it theres what seems to be a quarry which has a number of earth moving type machines.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham,

If it was then it certainly wouldn't be open to the general public - FM members by invitation only.

[insert huge great smiley thing - - - - - > H E R E ]

If, or when, I procure my fishing heaven then it will most definitely be like this:

http://www.kimbridgeonthetest.com/index.cfm?AppMethod=About_Kimbridge.Committed_to_quality&null

If you want 10 minutes total peace and quiet, click on this link, then click on 'Through the lens' and make sure your volume is not too loud.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Idyllic isn't it Peter but I'm afraid I couldn't afford the necessary clothing let alone the fortunerequired to fish there - but - its nice to dream and dreams as we know rarely mimic reality do they?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Jacobs View is a strange place, fished it once or twice. The lane to enter it would lead you to think you are going to a tip... Its hardly prolific for a day ticket water but there are some good bream and tench in ..apparently!

Feeder venue that you have to fish at distance as the fish dont come in close in.

There are far better waters in the vicinity as Eddie C will confirm. Gorsty Hall worth a look.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham,

I was there yesterday for a little 'recce' and their prices are pretty much the same as other beats on the Test. It is the old addage of 'you get what you pay for' really, and a half-season rod works out to around £100 a day, for 15 days fishing including 4 guest tickets per season.

I must say that the river there is just beautiful, and I am seriously considering it for this season.

J

John Howard

It was originaly a trout fishery. I went to have a look a few years ago and wasnt impressed. I got the impression it was a hole in the ground with fish stocked.

Even when it was a trout fishery I saw nobody about.

tomsky123

Reaction score
Hi all went to go jacob view today the sign is coverd up in blacks backs went to the car park there a sign down there aswell say no fishing closed so i dont now what going on there now then i dont now if he closeing the place down or let it go
:mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

went to go jacob up view today the sign is coverd up in black bag got down to the car park there a sign down there aswell say no fishing closed so we went to poole lodge whitchurch
I don t now what he doing with the lake it use to be a very good for tench fishing and bream fishing i was guted today

tomsky123

Reaction score
Do u now why it like that i was looking forward to give it ago today and i dont now why the sign coverd up or anything it good for the tench and bream when u get them going

Last edited:

tomsky123

Reaction score
dosnt no one give a dam about give me a reply or nothing as i want to now