Farnham Angling Society

tubs

Reaction score
Evening all

I am looking at joining Farnham Angling Society this week and I was wondering if there was anyone on here that are members of the society and if they could give me an insiders perspective on what they are like and more importantly what their waters are like?

Cheers.

Tubs

Jimbo

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has replied sooner, anyway I have been with them for a year and a bit so here is my take:

Very well run professional almost, freq baliffing and many swimes built and maintained professionally. Not clicky at all, when we arrived at Bagshott Lea for out first night sessions, it was like being greeted on a camping site with offers of help etc.. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Good Website and detailed membership book, wide selection of types of waters from easy bagging to "dedicated" approach. I got5 pike last winter from2 waters in three sessions. On my first nighter at Bag Lea I got two Carp and my Dad got a nice Tench.

They treat everyone the same, rules apply to ALL, unlike some other clubs :-/

Downside:

VERY busy waters, esp on bank holidays and sunny weekends!!

They permit Bait Boats, so its like fishing in a major shipping channel sometimes.

Hope that helps. All in all, VERY good club which is VERY well run!

james

tubs

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply James. I have joined and fished two waters of theirs now. First being Stillwater where I caught two lake records-the records for the smallest fish caught in the lake LOL! I also did a night session on Badshot Lea Big Pond. Blanked although I had a few knocks but never landed any!

Looking forward to the rivers opening up next month and the piking in October!

Jimbo

Reaction score
You want to get down to River Valley for the Piking, fish on the left hand bank, no need to go out very far.

tubs

Reaction score
Will do mate ta! Whats the best bait down there? I was gonna try for my first Cat this coming winter also!

Jimbo

Reaction score
I've caught on Blues, they are worth a try. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif