River Thames

tubs

Reaction score
Can people share their thoughts on locations on the Thames that they feel are ideal angling spots and reasons behind this? I am looking mainly at areas between Windsor and Twickenham.

tubs

Reaction score
Just general fishing really. Nothing in particular. I normally target all species.

peter crabtree 2

Reaction score
Laleham,chertsey,shepperton,walton,all good allround,runneymede for roach,

all free fishing,£5 parking at runneymede pleasure ground.

boats are a pain in the summer

tubs

Reaction score
What tactics are best at Shepperton and where would you suggest at Shepperton is an ideal location? Whats that area ideal for?

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
windsor to old windsor - some controlled stretches, some free fishing (dont fish this stretch myself). Old windsor to staines - £4 per day at Runnymede, majority is free fishingbeyond that. Chub, roach, bream, perch, pike all the way down. Barbel and carp morelocation specific, butI have caughtthem at Bell Weir, Penton Hook, upstream of Chertsey Bridge, downstream of Pharoahs Island. All usual tactics work - finding the fish is the hard part.

L

Laurie Harper

Whatever there is... Varies from inches to, er, loads.

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
Initially, go look for features; weirpools, deep holes, side streams, overhanging trees, weedbeds, places where people throw lots of food in for the swans, moored boats, bridges- all of these spots will hold fish.

Unfortunately, its not easy to advise in such general terms. Without more specific info from you we cannot offer anything more than general ideas (which don't help that much!). Your best bet will be to choose a particular species to target, or a specific place to fish from, and hopefully the advice will follow.

Stick_Float

Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend taking at look at the weirpools which offer good all round sport and will hold many species, I had some great days fishing Rushey Weir which offers plenty of good sport as do most weirpools. I think they still do a weirpool licence which is great value and offers a variety of weirpools to fish. I've caught nearly every species of fish from Thames' weirpools so I'd suggest you take a good look at these.