Big thanks to NIGEL CONNOR

W

Wolfman Woody

For organising today's annual match at Clattercote.

I believe the breakfast went down well (I couldn't get there early enough) and the draw went ok too. Some of us missed the fish, but that's usual. The sausage and chips after-match menu was great.

So big thanks to Nigel for organising it all and thanks to Fish and Fly for buying the sausage and chips. That's if you decide to refund Graham, but if you don't - Thanks Graham for the sausage and chips.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif Only joking.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes thankyou Nigel, was a well organised day, loved the final results sheet Mr Bettis didnt turn up and he weighed in seven ounces, do you think you may have got my weight wrong?.

Could it have been eighty four pounds?./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

PS sorry I didnt recognise you without your chest waders

Windy

Reaction score
Good day. Well organised. Damned good day apart from the wind. Oh well. Weather is a part of Clattercote in May every May it seems....

And may I say now that any photographs purporting to be of myself lying asleep on the boards during the match are patently photoshop forgeries, mistaking my recumbent position keeping out of the nuclear wind blast for unconsciousness and sleep /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Muffin

Reaction score
I'll echo all the thoughts above, many thanks for all the effort organising. Nigel Next year I think we should have an award for silver fish only, catching Carp just isn't fair as they are fat (weighty)old buggers!

Good to meet everyone.

Simon

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Its a pleasure.If only one year we could avoid the b...... wind!

Simon, I will give that some thought or maybe run a silvers only later in the year.Top marks on your 15lb roach catch.Great fishing given the conditions.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sounds like you did the biz again Nigel, well done mate.

Muffin.............15lb of silvers!!! Your BA training paid off then, you would have given Mr Wintle a run for his money with that weight.......get in there mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Is anyone doing a write-up Nigel?

Would love to hear about what happened. Hopefully next year I won't be so skint!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

You were missed mate.Will definately run it again next year.

Jeff is doing the write up.I am just e-mailing him the results now.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Yes Nigel, well done and well organised. Clattercote is one of the better supported events and requires a fair bit of organisation. The fact that the day passed with far too much piff taking indicates how well it was received.

Maybe it was Mark's exploits last year, but quite a few produced excellent "silver" weights. Some of the roach I had were of excellent quality and although I swung them all to hand, a couple of them should have been netted! Still, never had enough of them to think of troubling the weighers!

Thanks for a good day.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks Neil.

Yes I had 16lb of skimmers and a tench.Maybe we can look at some form of split match next year or where the pond pigs only count for a certain weight?It could bring a certain well known magazine editor at least within range of us lesser mortals!!

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

You were missed mate.Will definately run it again next year.

Jeff is doing the write up.I am just e-mailing him the results now.</blockquote>

It's nearly 11 now, what modem have you got? A V21 (150 BPS)?

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Write-up almost finished chaps. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow covering for my regular mate, but maybe by lunchtime I can let Mr Marsbar have it. What he will do with it and how long it takes him is another matter now.

He already has the photos - even the embarrassing ones.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nigel, even if we had counted silver fish only that certain magazine editor would still have wiped the floor with us and were there two prizes he would have won both, the man is seriously good on venues like that.

It would be nice to fish the place in decent weather and after they have spawned which could possibly mean June as opposed to May for the fish-in, at least there is a chance the fish will be a bit more spread out and would put an end to the need to fish under the boards.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for doing a great job Nigel, in spite of the weather it was yet another enjoyable day at Clattercote that started with a good breakfast and ended with a nice snack in the pub.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to run the event a week or two earlier as we seem to now be missing a warm spell by that much since we moved it later in the year.

Whatever we do we can't predict what the weather will be like. Even moving it to June will mean that in some years the carp could be spawning.