Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sounds like you did the biz again Nigel, well done mate.

Muffin.............15lb of silvers!!! Your BA training paid off then, you would have given Mr Wintle a run for his money with that weight.......get in there mate [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Is anyone doing a write-up Nigel?

Would love to hear about what happened. Hopefully next year I won't be so skint!

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

You were missed mate.Will definately run it again next year.

Jeff is doing the write up.I am just e-mailing him the results now.

Nice one mate [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Yes Nigel, well done and well organised. Clattercote is one of the better supported events and requires a fair bit of organisation. The fact that the day passed with far too much piff taking indicates how well it was received.

Maybe it was Mark's exploits last year, but quite a few produced excellent "silver" weights. Some of the roach I had were of excellent quality and although I swung them all to hand, a couple of them should have been netted! Still, never had enough of them to think of troubling the weighers!

Thanks for a good day.

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Thanks Neil.

Yes I had 16lb of skimmers and a tench.Maybe we can look at some form of split match next year or where the pond pigs only count for a certain weight?It could bring a certain well known magazine editor at least within range of us lesser mortals!!

Wolfman Woody Guest

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

You were missed mate.Will definately run it again next year.

Jeff is doing the write up.I am just e-mailing him the results now.</blockquote>

It's nearly 11 now, what modem have you got? A V21 (150 BPS)?

[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Write-up almost finished chaps. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow covering for my regular mate, but maybe by lunchtime I can let Mr Marsbar have it. What he will do with it and how long it takes him is another matter now.

He already has the photos - even the embarrassing ones.

Nigel, even if we had counted silver fish only that certain magazine editor would still have wiped the floor with us and were there two prizes he would have won both, the man is seriously good on venues like that.

It would be nice to fish the place in decent weather and after they have spawned which could possibly mean June as opposed to May for the fish-in, at least there is a chance the fish will be a bit more spread out and would put an end to the need to fish under the boards.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Thanks for doing a great job Nigel, in spite of the weather it was yet another enjoyable day at Clattercote that started with a good breakfast and ended with a nice snack in the pub.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to run the event a week or two earlier as we seem to now be missing a warm spell by that much since we moved it later in the year.

Whatever we do we can't predict what the weather will be like. Even moving it to June will mean that in some years the carp could be spawning.

A brilliant day. Thanks Nigel. [img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Woody,

You have email
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Sean Meeghan Guest

Thanks Nigel. It was an interesting day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast