addicted to fishing?

newbieneil

Reaction score
My missus reckons im addicted to fishing,and i want other people`s opinions on what counts as an`obsession`. Ive only been fishing just over a year properly,i started off going with a few mates ,one of whom was a top match angler when he was younger,they would set me up and i caught a few little roach and tench etc but nothing amazing now i have 5 rods of my own(1 of which i was given to me,another was a birthday present)+a fair amount of tackle(my mates call me the walking tackle shop)i go fishing on average about 3-4 times a month and buy iycf and anglers mail magazines every month/week. so the question is...am i addicted?/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
No - you'll only become addicted when you ahve as many rods as Spierd, Ron and GM

(Gm has a small aircraft hanger at Heathrow for his fly rods alone)

chub angler

Reaction score
No tell your misses each rod is a tool and you need a different tool for each job.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Welcome Neil, just you wait til you start colecting floats and plugs/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Welcome Neil,, addiction is all consuming mate, I know, I have it, although somewhat mellowed now.

At it's peak I missed work, neglected the family, and aquired enough gear to outfit a regiment.

But I'm older and wiser now, ''I think'', although I'm sure the wife wouldn't agree.

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Fin and I am an addict. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif
DSC00274_%28Large%29.JPG

sagalout

Reaction score
I fish at least twice a week and would fish everyday if I could escape the long haired admirals daily orders!

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Its not quite an aircraft hangar's worth yet hehe. Worrying thing is ive started buying rods specifically for the waters i fish (-and will soon be making some hopefully as noone seems to make rods for 10ft wide streams!), if i keep on like this I might have to sell my bed to make room and sleep outside.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Lots of us have been obsessed with fishing for over 60 years, including myself.

Chris Season32

Reaction score
If you think about your next session before you've got home from one, you're well on the way.

If you've got tackle under your bed, abandon all hope /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

A

alan whittington

Tell her your addicted to sex as well newbie that usually slows em down a bit/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

topwaterpete

Reaction score
I find that if I'm not actually on the bank, then i am either reading about fishing or watching a DVD about fishing or looking in on a forum about fishing or thumbing a fishing catalogue or, like last night, dreaming about fishing! I landed a number of double figure Barbel from the Dee, or was it the Ribble? i cant remember as I had been drinking before I went to bed...............................

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
well , last night me missus had a bath ,put on her sexiest gear and jumped into bed, i followed ,looked at her and said . Remind me to get to the tackle shop before they close tommorrow i need some maggotts . Thats what ya call addicted.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
well , last night me missus had a bath ,put on her sexiest gear and jumped into bed, i followed ,looked at her and said . Remind me to get to the tackle shop before they close tommorrow i need some maggotts . Thats what ya call addicted.

Are you sure it wasn't her that looked at you in the nude and said "That reminds me,you need to go and get some maggots tomorrow!!!" :wh