Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default okuma aventa pro centrepin reel

has anyone owned one of these reels, if so how do you rate them, also do they have a ratchet on/off system, any info on them would be helpfull.
    i will be useing them mostly on lakes and sometimes on rivers, just for the extra feel you get from pins.

I have never owned or used a centre pin, but here is a link to the reel that you mentioned.

http://tackleoutlet.co.uk/index.php?...roducts_id=972

You might find what you need to know here.

Tight Lines

For the money they are fantastic bits of kit. The pro has 2 ball bearings I believe so its not a 'true' pin for the pruists, but they are real work horses and a delight to use.

I was so impressed with mine I bought a year and a half ago I bought a sheffield cheap on ebay too.

If you search the forums there was loads of previous posts that discuss your question, as long as they have been transferred over from the 'old' site.

As for the rachett, thats the only issue, its a small knob on the back of the pin, which is not the easiest to turn off and on whilst fishing, but is possible. You can not adjust the tension, its either on or off.

They are made from machined aluminium (one piece) and the price of these reels hjas been steadily rising over the past year or so as they become ever more popular as they are as well made as pins costing twice the price.

Have a look on ebay for a bargain. They come with a very good pouch to keep them in also.

Any more questions let me know and will do my best to assist.

To finish, I would rate them as one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought. (value for money and performance wise)

I've got a couple and they're fantastic. No finesse - just a rock solid reel that spins very freely. If you want refinements then buy a Youngs centrepin, but for the money you can't go wrong. I've landed double figure carp on mine as well as 1 oz rudd! Spare spools are about £45 too which isn't bad!

I agree with TC1 re the 'feel' of using a C.P. on lakes as well as rivers.

I have had the pro version for about a year and it's been excellent. A good value centrepin reel IMHO.

I opted for the Sheffield and have to say it really is a very good reel. I have heard the aventa pro's are also good but for the price of the sheffield on ebay you may as well get the better version.

The pro is fantastic for the money, I wouldn't be without mine. As stated the only niggle can be the ratchet on/ off switch, overall a great reel that won't disappoint.

8. Default

I have two of them and they are first class workhorse pins. Quite hoonestly I have never had any issues with the rachet ther switch is where it should be round the back out of the way until needed, get one you won't be disapointed

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I opted for the Sheffield and have to say it really is a very good reel. I have heard the aventa pro's are also good but for the price of the sheffield on ebay you may as well get the better version.
    Agree 100%.Marvellous reel and IMO worth the extra.

thanks guys very helpfull,a couple more question's, what difference does a line gaurd make,
    ie, would it be better to have one on when mostly lake fishing or river fishing (what is the purpose of them) i read you cannot do the wallis cast with them on, also what do you think of the tf gear fishtec centre pins, they have a removable line gaurd, do okuma's have removable gaurds aswell. thanks again for your quick replys.
    Last edited by tc1; 18-08-2009 at 23:33.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast