Sidewinder bite indicator

chink21

Reaction score
I was so impressed watching an old retired angler using a Sidewinder on our deep club waters,he was in a parrot cage swim feeder fishing in 20 odd feet of water where a swing tip would not be much use due to the angle of the line ,quiver tips are pulled downwards for the same reason.
He put together a good net of fish in a howling gale and the next day I ordered one ,have any of you guys used one..thanks

Hi yes i use the side winder quite regular, and i rate them much better than a quiver tip method, especialy when its windy, just dip the tip of the rod in the water and then you will get clear bite indicator.But what im trying to find out is , are the side winders better than a quiver tip on rivers ? as i have never used one on a river, it as always been on pools or still water.

chubby48

Reaction score
i av the pollais mk2 it is a brill piece of work----cost me a tenner 5 yrs ago-----but worth it get one

ljm183

Reaction score
i bought this little lot last week on ebay winning bid £5 postage £3.50
polaris.png

stikflote

Reaction score
i use a side winder mines the clip on type,a few of my fishiing mates,use them all use a a feeder rod with the side winder,and most of those have a quiver
,such as my drennan carp method feeder,my map parobolic or my preston carbon active, i,ve use side winder on all of those rods

Frank Elson

Reaction score
I still use washing up liquid bottle tops. I find the yellow ones catch more fish than the red ones.