Spreadsheet Results

S

Steven Major

Hi guys my question is, a mate of mine who runs a fishing club asked me if I could help him create a spreadsheet that can do simple calculations for match weights.

Since my knowledge on computers lies in building them or building websites I didn?t have much idea so I said I know a fishing site with friendly and very knowledgeable folk who may have a template or at least be able to point us in the right direction.

I think he needs something on the lines of fisherman, venue, date, weight, match no total weight so far this is simple enough to create I know but when your dealing with a lot of anglers it would be nice to be able just to add to the weight part and the total weight adjust according so at the end of the season totals would be accurate and in full. Or if any one knows of or has created a similar or better spreadsheet for match fishing results that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your help

C

Cheese Paste

I've had a go but I'm struggling to get the ceel format into pounds and ounces. Is it pounds and ounces you require or kilos and grammes?

S

Steven Major

Yep I know I don?t know much in fact truthfully nothing about the formula in Excel there mu8st be someone who has a template or some software our sport is massive and all sports have related software just finding it I suppose thanks Steve..

J

jeff burgess

If your mate can e-mail me his requirements at jdburgess@lineone.net I'll have a go! The basics such as name, peg etc are fairly easy. If he could give me details such as kilo's or pound/oz, how many weighings per man (eg how many goes does it take to weigh in 100lb of pasties), cumulative club or team weights etc - as much detail as possible really

S

Steven Major

I would just like to say thanks to Geoff Palmer he has solved my problem and helped me and my mate out, a great bloke who has offered us a helping hand just goes to show this site has some great folk on it.

Thanks Geoff you?re a gent we do appreciate your time and effort and if ever you need any help let me know.

Thanks to too you Jeff for your offer of help another gent.

All the best
Steve