CURRENT Water levels on..........

E

EC

I am going to one of the Warrington AA stretches of the above tomorrow (Thursday 1st ), I dont mind fishing high water levels, providing I can get to the river in the first place. Are they in the least bit fishable, bearing in mind I will be travelling a minimum of 55miles (1 way) or am I wasting my time? Help needed please locals!

S

Stuart Johnson

When I phoned the EA number this morning(i've left the number at work) it advised at 1am this morning the Dove was .01m below normal and rising.

R

rob d

i was planning on the severn on fri night
if u go eddie let us know how high it is
if u get chance
thanks

D

Dave Johnson

if i didnt have to go to work today I would be on the Dove in a shot....regardless of the water levels Eddie. all that water flowing over warm land and into the river.....feel a sicky coming on

S

Steve Plant

I was on the Vyrnwy yesterday (Wednesday) - no extra water in at all, definitely alot drier down there than we've had round Lancashire (I live in Leigh). So the upper Severn should be ok for friday night Rob. Wherever you go, hope you do better than I did.
Which won't be too difficult, I never had a bloody sniff....

D

Derrick Hodges

Small world Steve I live in Leigh as well. I think I'll be heading North this weekend.

E

EC

Cheers fellas, I ended up on the Dove (for the first time) it was a foot up, so a local said, and rose by another 3 or so inches whilst I was there, 1 chub of 2LBish and a minor skirmish with a foot scaraping 'baby' bull made the day 180 mile drive) memorable!

S

stu black

Eddie, just got back from down south.
I'm a new member of W.A.A. so far only fished the Severn at Montford Bridge, which still looked very low as i crossed it at speed tonight. i meant to fish the Dove last weekend but i forgot my cousin was getting married(whoops!!) Can you tell me what the stretch is like and also which other stretches are worth travelling to please? have you ever fished the Perry at Ruyton XI, or know anyone who has?
Any info much appreciated,

cheers,
stu

D

Derrick Hodges

Stu

IMHO best Warrington AA Severn stretch by a country mile is Bicton. Very under-rated. You'll catch Barbel and all you need is a tin o' meat. None of that high protein mularky there mate.

E

EC

I might well be headed that way tomorrow Stu, be careful driving down the hill after the farm (and the dog). The ruts made by the tractor are deep and if your wheel goes down you will be in the kak.

S

stu black

Eddie, if i meet you on the bank tomorrow that would be great. I'll be coming down mid afternoon til gone dark hopefully. I've always had montford to myself and I didn't think anyone really fished these stretches. do you fish any of the WAA stillwaters? I want to have a 24 hr sesh next week somewhere but not entirely sure about the rules etc.

cheers again,

Stu

E

EC

You will need a night permit Stu which you can get from HQ on a Friday night or from the sec I think.

It all depends what you want to catch. For carp Grey Mist seems to be the place with lots of fish coming out, but for me the 2 lakes at Sandiway at 17 and 53 acres offer something a bit different, they have all manner of species in to specimen size (for this part of the country anyway) but the bigger lake is definitely not easy, but does produce some lumps. The smaller one fishes well going in towards dark, you have to prebook.

E

EC

Going on either the Upper Severn or possibly the Ribble tomorrow (Thurs 8th) any chance of a river level report from any of you locals?

Or how about a regular thread topic entitled River Levels to possibly run alongside venue reports Mr/Mrs Moderator?

D

Danny Hale

I call the river watch no for levels , (0906 619 7733/44) gives u the dane,ribb & severn but not sure about Dove.
The thing is that if they do the level reading @ 03.00 then by the time u get there at say 17.00 u could have a whole new prospect in front of u !!!
I have been fishing Dane for last few weeks and I have been caught out meself !

Good luck

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Eddie, all anyone need do is keep this thread going. The heading is right for it and it will serve the purpose adequately if members post to it.

Yesterday evening the Dove was just over a foot up, a good colour and rising steadily. The barbel (and pike) were well on feed.

R

rob d

which stretch of the dove do u fish graham
and who controls it

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm a member of several clubs that control the Dove but the only one that doesn't have a publicity ban is Derby Railway AS.