New rucksack

R

Richard Drayson

Fellas,

Got back to the car after a trip to the river today and the shoulder strap on my old Titan rucksack broke (not bad after 10 years use though)!

Anybody have any recommendations for a new one?
I don't want a large bergen type, just something well made and waterproof - big enough to take 3 reels, flask, Stewart tackle box, set of Avon scales, camera and couple of baitboxes basically.

D

David Will

Cotswold Aquarius make top notch rucksacks Richard.Telephone 01285 869090 (brochure available).

K

Kevan Farmer

I've just bought myself a Daiwa rucksack. It is light - before my tackle is in it - and comfortable. The only fault I would throw at it is that the zips can be a bit fiddly. However, this is because they are shrouded to prevent water ingress in the rain. Price? Mine was about ?40 - ?50 (brand new). I think I got it through Nimpopo. It's not the 100litre job but the 85 litre which is ample for most situations.

Kevan

B

Bob Watson

I've been looking at the fox stalker rucksack. looks great.

A

Andrew Thomas

I've got a Cotswold, very good and they are an excellent company to deal with.

S

Stuart Johnson

I have been using a Chub rucksack this year for my river sessions. Can recommend.

S

Sean Meeghan

I've used the new Wychwood one for the last year and can thoroughly recommend it. Just right for the three reels, Fox/Stewart box,etc

D

Dave Dowson

Fishrite 75 Ltr is superb.
Metal support frame makes it a doddle too carry.
Excellent bit of kit.

C

Cheese Paste

I've got a 2nd hand but good condition Fox Royale Rover for sale

B

Bob Watson

Rodders,,

first attempt

Look<a href=http://www.foxint.com/products.php?productcode=LU3606>HERE</a>

Tim Birch

Reaction score
British infantry waterproof rucksack, similar to 'stalking' sacks on the market.
Most good army surplus stores, one owner (The British army), ten pounds.

R

Richard Drayson

Thanks for all your advice and help.
I've yet to decide on which one to buy but I'll let you know what I get.
I might even do a review for Graham.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Well done Bob, I expect to see at least one in every post from now on :eek:)

D

david meleady

I've bought a stool rucksac from index/littlewoods cost ?9.50 excellent, youcan get loads of gear in them. I highly recommend them.