River Idle - Haxey Gate Inn stretch

James Hodkin

Reaction score
Hey guys, i know this area of the Idle used to be fished by a few members in the old Fishing Magic days, can anyone please tell me if the fishing rights are still the same on this stretch of river?
I haven't fished there in over a year and want to check that its still the same (£3.00 on the bank or £2.00 from the pub) before i decide to spend my upcoming days off work there

Thanks for the help!

James

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hi mate, cant remember how much it was £2-3 i think from the pub, hope you do better than we did, lovely bit of river, good luck

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The pub stretch (above the road bridge) is £2.50 per day tickets from the pub. The Haxey Quays stretch (downstream of the bridge) is £3.00 per day, tickets on the bank and parking available in the caaravan field. Both stretches are good on the day, but 16 of us blanked in on the John Ledger do in December - cold water and the river being run off.

James Hodkin

Reaction score
Cheers guys, just wanted to check it hadn't been bought by a private club or anything since i last fished it. Used to fish there alot but mainly been concentrating on estate lake Pike last year and so far this one!