north west clubs/day ticket

R

robert strickland

Hi just getting my lines wet again after 10 years,my nephew is now 9yrs and showing genuine interest so i would like suggestions on a water for myself and him to fish on,i would like to fish for larger silver fish roach rudd bream and small carp on a quiver tip and have lad on float.live in morecambe lancs but prepaired to travel to get to good waters.
thanks in adv
alan

J

john conway

Welcome back Robert.
Few clubs for you to think about: -
Lonsdale Angling Club
Three fisheries: -
Swantley Lake: - Carp, Tench, Roach, Rudd, Perch Orfe & Gudgeon
Bailrigg Lake: - Carp, Tench, Roach, Rudd, Orfe & Elel
Upper Swantley: - Roach, Rudd, Perch
Contact M.Cassidy 01524 65199 & G.Roberts 01524 854317
Lansil Angling: -
1 –1/2 mile on the river Lune: - Bream to 12lb Hybrids to 6lb, Dace & Roach
(Note very large fishery, not the easiest of water to fish for beginners)
Contact G.Brakewell 01524 846968
Warrington Anglers Association: -
Waters relatively close to Lancaster/Preston
Two stretches on the river Ribble: - Barbel, Chub, Roach, Pike, Dace & Bream
River Wyre @ Churchtown: - Chub, Raoch, Dace, Bream & Pike
Both the above rivers contain trout, Sea Trout and Salmon
WAA have loads of other water well within 1 –1/2 hrs travel from Lancaster, excellent club to join.
Comtact: -F.Lythgoe 01928 716238
or visit www.warington-anglers.org.uk
Don't forget the top end of Lancaster Canal, good tench and grass carp if you know where to go.
If you want drop me an email and I'll give you some more information or we could meet up for a pint, I live at Ingleton but travel into Morecambe quite often for tackel and bait.

R

robert strickland

thanks for the info john
I was a member of lonsdale for a few years (have a post asking why people dont fish bailrig anymore as that place is where i learnt to fish and really like it.walked round at 2pm ish today and not a sole fishing or even looking on a sat afternoon sad really, swantley was always a bit exposed for me always seemed to get the wind in your face there.thinking of trying a few ticket waters 1st(maybe hudsons farm near lancaster) just see how lad is bankside before i let him near the rivers.
By top end of canal do you mean near stainton crooklands way? not really fished canal much but used to get some bream when beumont hospital was there.any info on the tench, carp spots would be good as ive been reading your catch post with interest.locks near the big pub(cant remember name)and M6 always looked nice but again want to see how the lad acts round water before i go near locks,rivers ect hes only 9 and i want to be sure.hopfully going out on monday for my 1st day in years and his 1 st day so heres hoping everthing doesnt freeze up over weekend.

J

joe foxall

i also live in morecambe, do a lot of fishing at the canal follyfarm--bream roach tench perch and a few carp running through, hesty brow same, hest bank same and carnforth same but later in year you get good bags of big bream, not forgettin skimmer and pike,then theres the usual redwell thurnum, borick longlins{??} and the ribble etc.getting afew nice pike out of canal at glasson.

R

robert strickland

thanks joe
folly farm and hesty brow now theres names of place that bring back a few memories.must of fished them when i was 9 very nice to hear those places still fish well.1 other place i fished was pylon pond out middleton,overton way.was good spot for tench during closed season on club water,no idea even who to ask for permision on pylon maybe take a look down there and see if anythings posted.
thank`s all

S

Stu Whalley

Try copthorne at nateby.its 6 quid a day but is well worth it. Never blanked yet. Canal for roach perch tench carp, main water for allsorts and carp square for carp (obviously). Excellent water friendly staff but can get too busyu to fish and can even be full some days. hasty brow fished there for years never really caught much but lots of happy memories, folly house farm the same but caught many pike there in the past

J

john conway

Another very pretty mixed fishery is Littledale, you can get tickets form Morecambe Angling, he runs the fishery.

Jason Crook

Reaction score
Robert an excellent fishery for silver fish and carp is hudsons farm on rawcliffe rd in St.Michaels on wyre.They have 4 pools one of the best is the specimen lake fishing hemp and caster for the big roach and rudd(the skimmers will do your head in they are one a chuck when you get them going)Ask at any tackle shop for better directions or consult AT's for phone number.
TIGHT LINES

R

robert strickland

Thanks for the tips guys,i went out today to cleverley bridge near forton.great looking place but i guess i was on wrong float,hook.depth and bait and prob pond.but it was great to be out again,never got a bite all day but the nephew learned how to cast,bait up ect so was a good day.
I know about littledale but its still frozen or was over weekend,had a few people recommending hudsons so will give that a go,same with copthorne.
Best thing all day was lad asking when we are going again as he got out of car,after a blank in not too tropical conditions hopfully thats him hooked.
Take care all thanks for info.
alan

alan strickland

Reaction score
Hi all just to say i went to hudsons today but it looked a bit busy as i arrived at 12ish so tried copthorne, very nice lay out of ponds canals and lakes and all swims i seen were well made and large,loads of new rings and ponds being dug during day but noise didnt seem to put fish off as best fish of day sunk my float seconds after earth mover rumbled by.fished what i think was main lake not sure as theres loads of bays and turns ,it might of been a smaller pond atached to it but it looked like it was connected.Caught 4 gudgeon on 20 hook single red maggot so went to 16 and double , caught 4 small carp from 1/2lb to just over 1lb and 3 roach of about 1/2lb nice days fishing,will be going again thank`s everyone for the info.
robert alan strickland
(i use alan)

S

Stu Whalley

glad you enjoyed copthorne and the best news is it only gets better as summer is coming. good luck alan