Rivers

martin flavell

Reaction score
Hi guys
Every day i drive over the river Severn on my way to work . Since the end of the season the river has looked perfect for fishing...... why do the river systems look so tantalising when you cannot get at them ? is it just forbidden fruit or something more?
Every year it has happened but this year the sun has come out early ...is this the answer ?

S

Stu Black

You're not wrong martin, this last week I've been working in Brum, so cross the Severn twice each way on my journey, and I'm drooling at the sight of it! On Friday i had to stop at Montford Bridge and walk a way along it, it was in great nick.

W

William Spencer

it's sods law.i was hoping to go piking this weekend and the clowns at the met gave out heavy rain.so the boss wanted decorating doin'.look what sun we've got.the weather men seem to be the only people who arse their job up and not get the sack

C

Chris Bishop

I love the rivers I fish and the approach of the end of the season always adds an end to the fishing once March comes round.

Just a couple of weeks, a few more days to make a difference. It always gives me a new urgency and I think I enjoy it all the more for it, although I probably would fish them more or less all-year-round if the opportunity was there.

D

Dave Slater

It may be a coincidence but the rivers in our area also always look good just after the season has finished. There are always a few good days during the last few weeks of the season but the rivers seem to look good for weeks on end once the season has finished. I think this helps to whet the appetite for June 16th. Still having the close season means the excitement and anticipation of waiting for the start is still there. I miss this in tench fishing and now always fish a river on June 16th.

P

Phil Hatton

Will you guys shut up !! The withdrawl symptons are bad enough without knowing how nice the river looks.

martin flavell

Reaction score
Yup
especially after walking 12 mikes of river yeaterday and spotting numerous fish (all of them sticking their fishy fingers up at us .......varmints i,ll have em in the summer !) well try anyway !

martin flavell

Reaction score
HI Stu
I normally catch the baby ones and hold them
to ransome till a bigger one changes its mind (which is incidentally far greater than ours .....in my experiance ! )