'Once more unto the breach'

P

Phil Hatton

After our sterling performance in the first match I'm sure you are all dying to get your names down for the second.

Well here's your chance

The venue is Stockton Reservoir, near Rugby and the match is on the 21st June. It will be a ten a-side so, as before, I will take volunteers on a first come, first served basis

What are you waiting for ?

D

Dave Johnson

you want 'putting down' after Saturday......drawing the flier as well.....

B

Bob Watson

Yeah, me too Phil but I'll drop out if you get 10 local (midland based) anglers wanting to go.

Graham and Dave will end up in London if they go ;-)

W

Wendy Perry

Phil you can use me as a last resort if someone else wants a chance.... if not then i'm available.

I know i didn't do very well but i still enjoyed it :)

F

Fred Bonney

I have nothing to say to you Dave Johnson,but just remember who needed a map to get to his swim!!!;0)

P

Paul Scattergood

Anyone heard about the Southern leg??? Should suit u lot down to the ground.

B

Bob Watson

Doubt it Paul, the southern leg couldn't possibly be on the Tees or Swale :)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Add my name to the list. I'll be there if I don't get lost.

D

Dave Johnson

my printer is dyslexic, I was just following the instructions.....

P

Phil Hatton

Thanks for the prompt replies folks, that's six already (including me).

I'm off away for a week today so I will catch up with the thread when I get back.
Behave yourselves now and be nice to Mr Scattergood

P

Paul Scattergood

Phil just the once please.

Dave @ maggot drowners has taken some stick over his venue choice for the southern leg which is Clatercote. Might be somewhat familiar to ur team ?? However some lads are not happy as it isn't far enough 'south' ( mentioning no names 'total fishing' ). Dave has asked if a venue could be found to be more suitable geographically which can accomadate 50 anglers for 20th Sept I think. Any ideas let him know.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Paul, we showed a preference for Clattercote mainly because it's not too far south and would mean that some of us northern and midland lads could have made it. And we thought that Clattercote was not too far north of the southern region for the southern lads.

The fact that some of us have fished it on all of two or three occasions before (hardly 'familiar') had nothing to do with the suggestion.

Unlike the other sites FISHINGmagic is not a predominately match fishing site and we don't find it easy to make up a team, especially now it's 10 per team, so if the venue goes too far south that might mean we won't be able to find enough team members.

Maybe I've got that wrong, so let's see what happens when the venue is decided on.

B

Bob Watson

Going to Rugby today to take my daughter to her Grans, think I'll have a look round.

B

Bob Watson

<a href=http://www.fisheries.co.uk/stockton/>Stockton Ressy</a>

Looks a bit nicer than the last one!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Southern Match.

From a personal point of view I would have prefered a venue like Willow Park if it has to be a stillwater.
However, I do wonder how a lot of people might have handled a decent flowing River?

Regardless of where we eventually end up I'll be there, just as long as I have good notice of the date as I have to book flights in advance.

P

Paul Scattergood

Graham i wasn't suggesting that Clatercote was an advantageous venue . I was just bringing your attention to the protests made by the lads @ Totalfishing who have a lot of members down south who consider Clatercote to be a Midlands venue..... which it is.

R

Richard Drayson

Alright then chaps, carrying on from Graham's thread about possibly not having 10 members to turn up for the southern leg of the comp!

Sounds like a challenge in itself as I would prefer not to travel all the way up to Clattercote for the southern leg (being a midlands venue in my view).

Peter suggested Willow park or maybe a river venue.

Come on all you fellow southerners, try and submit some ideas for southern venues.

Do any of YOU have any info on decent venues for this match???