Polarised Glasses

W

Wag

The amber ones are great for those dull conditions where you need to cut the glare, but not make vision too dark.
For sunglasses I'd go for brown, not particularly for any better glare reduction, but they make all the greenery look a lot more vivid, and even the most boring swims appear quite lush!

Being serious I'd go for amber for dull conditions, and brown or grey for brighter light.

M

Mark Williams

You get what you pay for with polarising glasses, too. The cheapies at a tenner or so are fine, but scratch easily, and the wraparounds can distort your vision. I was shown some Polaroid XOOR glasses the other day - amazingly good, but should be at perhaps ?90 a pair. And as the guys say, go for amber

Richard Plume

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of the fox ones last night for only 15 quid which wasnt to bad.
I opted for the light brown lenses as being a bit of a tart I didnt like the fact i looked far to much like Ali G in the amber ones! I'll see how I go with them and if need I can get a pair of the amber ones to.

Richard Plume

Reaction score
Tried the glasses out last night and wasnt overly impresses, even tho it was nice and sunny they seemed a bit dark, I swear I could see better into the water without them! May have to swap them for amber ones methinks. Will amber still work on sunny days?