What a bag full

daniel pearce

Reaction score
Hi all you anglers
on the weekend me and my dad went fishing for 4 hours and 29 lb of fish not a single maggott in sight my dad had 5 carp smallest 4lb and biggest 8lb and he had a 2 lb bream i had 1 carp about 5lb and a bream about 2 lb the only bait we had with us was luncheon meat bread sweetcorn and cheese the only thing we caught on was corn and cheese has anyone got any tips on what bait would be good for an even bigger bag oh by the way we use floats

Richard Lush

Reaction score
Don't dismiss using maggot as they always seem to catch. Just the other week i went fishing at a lake that I often have no problems catching on with the baits you mentioned, I started on the leger, and try all baits(except maggot) and had no bites, anyway after a couple of hours with no fish, which is rare for this particular water, I switched to waggler and fished double red maggot. The result? I didn't stop catching all day, and ended with over 40lb of small carp & crucians.

daren heslop

Reaction score
Stick with the corn while your baggin Daniel and like Richard says always take maggots cos one day soon they'l decide they dont want the corn.I never leave home without bread.

D

Danny Lancaster

A few decent sized worms from the garden always comes in handy for me Daniel. But like Daren says, stick with the corn and bread while you can. Or you could try adding a little red food die to the corn to give it a bit more appeal.

Good Luck & Tight Lines