lymm angling club

A

Adrian Livesey

Hi Mike. Now tell me does the top lake above the end furthest away from the Dam still exist as it did forty years ago my mates and me used to night fish it for Carp and Tench. I now live in NZ, just reminising. Adrian

mike donigan

Reaction score
someone else has asked that recently, i think it is still there, i've heard something about it but couldnt say for sure.

md

A

Adrian Livesey

I think that somebody was me. I used to fish it regulally when I was aged between 12 and 17 we had a fishing club at my old school. Newall Green Secondry Modern.
We used to bike there and fish all night on the way back stop at St Georges Lake in Altringham for a little Carp fishing and head on home, usually a good weekends fishing. The top lake at lymn used to be full of mud and lillies we fished on top with dog biscuits. I am now in NZ.

mike donigan

Reaction score
i was at king georges yesterday. i knew it was shallow but the section i was fishing, i only plumbed the depth there for the first time ever was just over one foot....and it is quite a prolific peg that is always taken.

A

Adrian Livesey

Mike, when I used to fish it there was always a water bailif there in a little shed, there were huge willows and about three to six feet to the end of the rarpo and around ten feet by the island with about thirty pegs all up. There was a second lake going towards Timperly twice as big about fortyfive years ago and all the carp and other fish were taken out and put into Georges, that became housing. But Georges was a good Pike water in the winter and close to home. Adrian

A

Adrian Livesey

Thanks for your reply, it's really interesting to see how things have changed over the years. Will be interested to see if anybody fishes the top end of lymn Dam to see if there are any Carp or Tench still in there. Adrian, Down under.