Still Fishing ???

B

Birds Nest

Just thinking, what is everyone up to at the moment on th fishing front ? what with the traditional closed season, and the foot and mouth outbreak, have you put your coarse rods away ???

S

P

peter webber

I'm still fishing too.
I'm hoping to sort out a trip with Goose soon to fish for some Crucians ( 2lb+ ) and some carp ( 20lb+ ) that have just been stocked in a new lake AND they have never seen a hook before.
I can't wait, i've not realy fished for big carp before and upuntil now my biggest is only 10.7lb. So i'm looking forward to it and Goose does not have to worry about getting his line cut by swans this time out as there arn't any here.
Also if I'm able to, I will be going for my first river carp when the new season starts. There are parts of my local river that are know to hold some big carp and as far as I now the areas are not afected by F&M.

Pete.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Needless to say, given my latest Purely for Pleasure article, I'm not giving up.

Wish I could give up work though, it's getting in the way of fishing badly at the moment. As I working for a financial services company, the government always give us a massive headache around start of the new tax year with new (obviously well thought out and non-contradictory) legislation that we have to alter computer systems to cope with. Hence very busy until after 6 April.

But then I'm taking a few days off and hangin up the 'gone fishin' sign.

D

Dave Johnson

Me too-Cudmore here we come!!!

Coops-think of the overtime, and extra cash for all that new kit.......

D

Dean Hill

havent fished since the outbreak.not a personal choice, just closed signs everywhere.

P

Paul Scattergood

off to fish bridge water canal on Mon, certain areas still ok on warrington AA stretches. Good skimmers & roach showing warmer temps should help. Tight lines to all wetting a line this weekend.

M

Malcolm Bason

QUOTE: "Just thinking, what is everyone up to at the moment on th fishing front ? what with the traditional closed season, and the foot and mouth outbreak, have you put your coarse rods away ???"

No way have I put my rods away, mate. Iv'e had a few recent sessions on Bluebell and a few at Heyford Fisheries - nothing on the carp lake, but ok on the snake!

Going for an op on Tuesday 3rd April, but as soon as I can I'll be fishing again after that.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"Going for an op on Tuesday 3rd April..."

Is that to fix the peg leg, Peg Leg? Hope it goes well.

Chub, we 'middle managers' don't get paid overtime! Allegedly we already earn enough to justify them working us to death when needs be. I remain to be convinced. But at least I can sneak some additional leave in when it quietens down a bit.

J

john conway

Just renewed my river board licence and tomorrow I’m off to Accrington to get a Hyndburn & Blackburn AA club card, they have seven still waters and as far as I know only two are closed. I’ll also pop in at Pine Lodge fishery near Clitheroe, it’s on my way down from the Dales to Accrington, and see if it’s open and what it’s like. I’ve three days holiday next week so come what may I’m off fishing. There is some talk that some of the canals might open up in the next week or so. And if all else fails it’s Morecambe Bay.

M

Malcolm Bason

Yes, you're right Dave thanks - it is to fix the peg-leg LOL

I'll be on crutches then for 3 days at least - so I'm told - I'll just have to get someone else to drive me to the lake and get the missus to carry me kit and brew up!

P

Paul Williams

Hey Peggy,
You coming to the pole/float "do"? coz if you are i'll bring my whittling knife and do you a carving.......

D

Dave Johnson

Is that a carving you are holding in your latest pic Paul?

P

Peter Morton

We are off to LAVENDER FARM for a club match on sunday.Hopefully the weather is taking a turn for the better down here in the south and a few fish will be caught by all!!!!! PETER.

S

Steve Baker

Went fishing on wed frist cast 6lb carp, followed by eight others of the same size, that and a wonderful spring day. I luurve fishing.

M

Malcolm Bason

What you gonna do a carving of for me Paul - a new peg leg? LOL

Actually, I write someone an email regarding the event, but I didn't get a reply? So, I assumed i could not go anyway?!

C

Chris Warren

I had a spot of trout fishing today at Albury near Guildford. I had 4 out in a couple of hours so it was easy fishing but what a beautiful afternoon to be out. Cannot wait for June 16th though, let's hope the rivers are at their normal level and that we can get access to them!

Mark Russell 2

Reaction score
hi everyone,i am fishing heyford fishery on sat 2nd may can anybody give me some recent info on the snake lake,we are fishing pegs 90-117 thankyou