bloodworm & joker

D

Darren white

hi everyone i havent posted for a long time but im realy stuck on how to fish b&j what to put in it whether to put it all in at the begining or save some, do i start on the bottom etc. im in a winter league and used to fish chopped worm and caster but with people using b&j nothing else seems to work i can get into the top 3 in my section but need a little help to do a bit better. its not about the money though you all know if you get something right and have a good days fishing thats reward enough.please can someone help cheers daz.

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Darren,

It all depends on how the canal / river / lake responds to feed. Certainly in summer I would put 1/2 kilo of joker in at the start and fish it out normally without feeding again. In winter I normally have a 50/50 grey / damp leam mix to carry the joker, and I only use about 100ml of joker in 3 balls at the start.

If you are catching from the off then fish it out until the bites stop or fade off then either cup in a small amout of neat joker or a small ball of leam and joker. This should kick-start the swim again.

As for where to fish. Plumbing up ( as I am sure you are aware ) is vital. Make sure the after plumbing your bloodworm is JUST touching bottom. Every 30 seconds or less move the worm up and down etc, just like fishing the chop.

You may find that the roach move up in the water a bit as the joker is moved about, you should be able to tell this by the amount of on the drop bites.

OK this method works on a few of my local venues but I would say it is about the easiest way of fishing B&J.

Hope that this helps.

D

Darren white

cheers kevan just got back from the match today and come 5th overall out of 40 and won my section. the only think what ive havent got yet is how much to put in at the begining. i put 4 balls in at the begining bites dried up after about 4 hours and i put in another ball but it seemened to kill it. im thinking about putting about 6 balls in at the beggining of the next match.im new to this winter fishing but i suppose its trial and error.by the way its a lake im fishing it ranges from 2.5-4.5 ft deep, anyway cheers for the help l8r daz.

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Darren,

Congrats on the 5th, I would do the same as you and increase the feed at the start to see if this does make a difference, or as I said before put some neat joker in over the top on this line. It may start the peg again.

Kevan

P

Paul Mallinson

Sounds like youve pretty much got it sussed yourself to me! Well done and good luck!

D

Darren white

cheers gents for the help as i said b4 this is new to me im used to fishing in the summer but was pleased on sat cos im up against some really good anglers who are a lot more experienced on b&j. ill try more feed at the begining maybe 6 instead of 4 balls and take it from there,
tight lines darren