Fishing the Wensum

P

Paul Christie 2

I am looking to book a week away in June/July and take a bit of tackle (as always!). I stayed near Lenwade mill a couple of years ago, but it was early June, so I had to stick to the estate lakes.
I wonder if anyone is familular with the Wensum (or nearby rivers) and if there are any day ticket stretches available and where tickets are available from?

I've seen John Wilson fish the mill itself. The the fishing was excellent and he said it was day ticket, but that episode is a good few years old now.

peter jones 6

Reaction score
The last time I was at Lenwade, the 'John Wilson' bit was now private. But go over the road to the pub, I think it's called the Bridge, and they sell tickets for the next stretch. I've had a good couple of days there. (B & B was ?25 per night)

P

Paul Christie 2

Peter
Does the pub also control the lakes at the back of the pub? Does the day ticket cover them as well as the river?

Do you have any information about what is in them?

Cheers

peter jones 6

Reaction score
1.Yes.
2.I think so.
3. Certainly carp, but I think it's a mixed fishery.
Please don't take me as an expert on the place - try ringing the owner at the pub, on 01603 872248- he is a fisherman himself.

bill kay

Reaction score
The lakes behind the pub are run by the pub as also is the stretch of the wensum.

Y

yoggy

sorry in late reply jeff..i"ve fished the stretch twice now even though it gets a hammering during the high season it still can be very productive for those with a little patience!!!..but be warned the wensum becomes extremley weedy during the summer months...as far as the pub goes aint stayed there overnight but the beer aint bad!!!!