WANTED: Terry Eustace Pike Rod

Reaction score
Tip section required please but will consider complete rod.

Terry Eustace Pike Rod in brown fibreglass with fuji guides 2.75lb t/c

Please pm me if you can help. Thanks.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I have a pair Richard, in fact without looking in the loft i think i have two pairs

Reaction score
Wow... that was a quick response. Thanks for replying.
The big question now is.... would you be prepared to sell me either a rod tip or complete rod?
It has to be in brown glass with fuji's to match the butt section I have.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Richard, Richard, Its got to be the whole rod, what would i do with the butt section, all i can think of is stick it up Gaunts arse:D

preston96

Reaction score
Richard, Richard, Its got to be the whole rod, what would i do with the butt section, all i can think of is stick it up Gaunts arse:D

Phwah........he could handle a T24 when he was 14! :wh

Morespiders

Reaction score
No problem Paul, I would sharpen it first, then hit the end with a hammer and splinter it

Reaction score
OK then Morespiders. I am interested in buying the rod but first of all could you confirm that it's fitted with fuji guides and in brown glass with whippings the same colour as the blank?
I'm not sure what fuji guides Terry fitted to his pike rods but presumably, they'd all be the same?
Would it be possible to post a photo or two of the rod/tipsection somewhere for me to look at? That way, I can see if the guides are the same.

You can email me directly if you wish at richard.drayson1@btinternet.com

Cheers.

Last edited:

preston96

Reaction score
OK then Morespiders. I am interested in buying the rod but first of all could you confirm that it's fitted with fuji guides and in brown glass with whippings the same colour as the blank?
I'm not sure what fuji guides Terry fitted to his pike rods but presumably, they'd all be the same?
Would it be possible to post a photo or two of the rod/tipsection somewhere for me to look at? That way, I can see if the guides are the same.

You can email me directly if you wish at richard.drayson1@btinternet.com

Cheers.

Richard....i dont believe Terry made a "standard" rod, they were built to order, that rod was made in brown and black....brown was the older model if my memory serves me well.......fuji rings were usually standard but whipping colour certainly wasn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Paul. I understand Terry sourced the blanks from Conoflex and that fujis were an optional extra.
I'm hoping morespiders and myself can strike a deal.
It's actually my brothers rod, he's had it since the late 1970's I guess and he's caught lots of good fish on it. Despite searching high and low, he cannot find the tip section and is thoroughly hacked off about it.
We all know that a modern carbon replacement would probably be better but it's become a treasured item which he loves fishing with.

Cheers, Rich.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes Rihard, its still yours if you want it, Its a brown blank, cork handle , black reel fittings, the Fuji's stand very close, not many people used the standoff rings for pike rods, I know Terry very well. it was bought and made by myself and has brown whippings, roundabout the 70s its still in immaculate condition

preston96

Reaction score
Yes Rihard, its still yours if you want I know Terry very well. it was bought and made by myself and has brown whippings, roundabout the 70s its still in immaculate condition

"I know Terry very well".............you mean you told him he was a sh*te builder of rods and you would just take the blanks and do em yourself and make a job of em! :wh

Every time i walked into his shop(s) first thing he said was what the f888 you want!.... the Brummie tw&t!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Im sure he did Paul, thats his greeting mate, if he didnt say that, it meant he didnt like you, myself and Uncle delivered his rods to customers up north for about 7 years, went to the shows in Belgium Germany France, the mans a born comedian

preston96

Reaction score
I can't remember what year it was but we were both fishing Patshull.......you are a f****ng **** angler was his greeting as he sat in the next bankside moored punt..........he had a 19lb carp, i cant remember the exact weight but if it was 19. 10 he was very upset because he had one at 19.08 before..........i thought he meant he was due a 20.

Anyway, i said something like the next one will be a 20, " I f***ing hope not he said, i want to catch every weight between 19lb and 19lb 15oz before i get a 20 from here!!

He meant it to!