Wanted: old school bedchair (i.e. sun lounger) PVC/Nylon cover

rich4930

Reaction score
These modern day bedchairs really don't appeal to me. AFAIK you can't use them as a normal chair and they're way too heavy anyway. I want my old eighties bed chair back!!!

You can still get the sun loungers (even new) but what I'm looking for is a replacement cover. I had one, olive colour, nylon, water and dirt proof, an exact one to one replacement for the standard flowery design they normally came with.

Anyone got one still knocking around or know where I can get my hands on one?

Greatly appreciate any help.

6e51af3af718ff76ca988cb1fbccf564.jpg

(Cat 1979 - 1995 RIP )

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
I agreI Rich, your pik brings it back to me how good they were.
I left mine on a notts pit in the late eighties after an all nighter.
I propped it up against the car to pack my ruckie away then my holdall, got in the car and drove off forgetting all about it, went back next day and it had gone!.
Bought a big, overwieght all singing dancing modern jobby but seldom use it these days.
Yes, a pity they dont seem so readily available these days, especially the purpose made covers.
I got mine from Trev Moss in Gainsboro years ago. He sold out to Nev Fickling ( The tackle shop ) could be worth a long shot and give him a bell, you might just be lucky .

rich4930

Reaction score
Yeahhhh... (he says thinkingly)... I couldn't quite recall where I got mine from. Thought maybe Kevin Nash, but Trevor Moss might well be right. But wherever, that's a good tip thanks. Worth asking, who knows!!

flightliner

Reaction score
Rich, yes, you never know, Nev may have inherited some old stock that may be laying around in some backroom gathering dust.
If you succeed in finding one I'd appreciate your letting me know on here.
Bringing it up like you have reminds me of how much better they were for the job. Long days you could have a nice midday snooze, and they were so adaptable inasmuch you could sandwhich odd loose bits n bats in them to help get your gear to your chosen swim .
ps--- sorry about your cat.

john step

Reaction score
Rich, if you cannot get one you may consider an ordinary recliner fishing chair with the addition of taking along a lightweight ali folding stool to rest your feet on for those moments a snooze takes over.
May be the lightest alternative?

Last edited:

rich4930

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! To be fair, my biggest problem is just that I'm just a winging middle aged git I've got a basic chair which serves me OK for about 51 of 52 sessions a year. It's just that once a year night fishing that annoys me. Even if I bought a cheap bed, it's the principle that I used to have just "one for all occasions" that particularly narks me
@flightliner I will follow that up though and let you know if I strike lucky. I actually won an auction on eBay yesterday (Germany, where I live) - genuine 70s sun lounger in absolute tip top condition for just €17 + €9 pp! OK, can get em new for that price, but things were made to last back then! And thanks but don't worry the cat lived a long and happy life