Normark Microlite Mk2 (NCM13X)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm not entirely convinced that anyone really looks at wanted ads, especially in the lightly visited classifieds on here, but here goes nothing!

Normark Microlite Mk2 NCM13X (or NCM12X, if such a beast exists). The correct rod should have black whippings with a red tipped band. Not interested in the later Normark Microlite Mk2 NCM13XT (black whippings with gold band). Really good condition preferred, especially if premium prices are demanded.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not entirely convinced that anyone really looks at wanted ads, especially in the lightly visited classifieds on here, but here goes nothing!

Normark Microlite Mk2 NCM13X (or NCM12X, if such a beast exists). The correct rod should have black whippings with a red tipped band. Not interested in the later Normark Microlite Mk2 NCM13XT (black whippings with gold band). Really good condition preferred, especially if premium prices are demanded.

One will show itself eventually Chris. I know a close m8 of mine had one, wether he still has it or not I don't know. I was with him when he bought all three, the avenger, titan and microlite brand new, he did sell them all on but finished up getting the titan and microlite back. He's on holiday just now but i'll ask him about it when he comes back....I think he'd sell his granny for a few quid LOL.

mikench

Reaction score
Wasted on me Ian as well you know but were too diplomatic to say!:)

I am about to inherit a range of tackle from the 70's and 80's including rods but I doubt a Normark will be among them!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wasted on me Ian as well you know but were too diplomatic to say!:)

I am about to inherit a range of tackle from the 70's and 80's including rods but I doubt a Normark will be among them!

Narrh why would it be wasted, you like good quality gear don't you ;).

You never know you might get some nice stuff in your inherited tackle :D.

DJtommo

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20221005_084843.jpg
    20221005_084843.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20221005_084853.jpg
    20221005_084853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • 20221005_084735.jpg
    20221005_084735.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

sam vimes

Reaction score
Thats the rod you were after I think. Have one in mint condition

It is indeed the rod I was interested in. Yours is only the second one I've seen offered for sale since the ad was placed. Unfortunately, I bought the first one.

mikench

Reaction score
Is it worth having Chris and how does it compare with your other light actioned 13’ rods? That is one Normark variant I do not possess.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Is it worth having Chris and how does it compare with your other light actioned 13’ rods? That is one Normark variant I do not possess.

Definitely worth having, especially if you've already got one or both of the other (early) MK2 variants. A big factor is that this variant is far less common than the Titan and, to a lesser extent, the Avenger. I have plenty of rods that I really should sell. The three MK2 Normarks are not among them.

The other comparable light actioned rods I have are minimal, especially at 13'. For light stillwater waggler fishing, I prefer the Microlite to the 13' Acolyte Ultra.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score

Coincidently in 2017/18 I inherited 9 Normarks in varying conditions from used to pristine including two each of the Microlite Match 12ft RNMM144-3, Microlite Match 13ft NMMT 1563 and Titan Match 13ft RNTM1563-13. Kept one of each and sold the "duplicates" and the other Multi Tip Normarks for a tidy sum which went to a relevant charity.

I wasn't aware of the "MK2 variants" you were interested in. When were those versions produced and how do they compare to the earlier versions?

Thanks.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Coincidently in 2017/18 I inherited 9 Normarks in varying conditions from used to pristine including two each of the Microlite Match 12ft RNMM144-3, Microlite Match 13ft NMMT 1563 and Titan Match 13ft RNTM1563-13. Kept one of each and sold the "duplicates" and the other Multi Tip Normarks for a tidy sum which went to a relevant charity.

I wasn't aware of the "MK2 variants" you were interested in. When were those versions produced and how do they compare to the earlier versions?

Thanks.

The models you have sound like the original Normark Microlite/Titan/Avenger range (sliding reel bands etc). Confusingly, there were versions of the originals marked as being "Mk2" but I've never got to the bottom of differences between the two types, if there were any.

Next came the much vaunted Team 2000 models, the ones that people pay top dollar for. Fuji screw winch reels seats and top notch Fuji rings were a feature. Somewhere along the line, Team 1000 and Team 3000 versions were produced at a similar time to the 2000s.

The next in line were the Mk2 versions that this thread is concerned with. These pretty much fell between the cracks of the Normark brand being sold to Masterline. Some say they are definitely Masterline rods others are less sure. One suggestion is that they started as a genuine Normark project that Masterline inherited with the sale. Many do believe that they have updated Diamura blanks that made the 2000s so well regarded. I couldn't vouch for that, but they are quality blanks and have top of the range Fuji fittings.

To confuse things even more, Masterline introduced another Mk2 variant once they got rid of stocks of the earlier version. These weren't quite so well endowed with the fittings. They are easily distinguished by the inclusion of a dolly piece that made them 13/14' rods. Rightly or not, these rods often aren't that highly regarded. Unfortunately, as many are unaware that the previous Mk2s even exist, they get lumped into the prevailing poor opinion of Mk2 Normarks.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The models you have sound like the original Normark Microlite/Titan/Avenger range (sliding reel bands etc).
Yes, they are. My late uncle and his fellow match mates had placed a couple of orders with Geoff Salisbury at Exeter Angling but I didn't know if he still had them. In 2017 he was diagnosed with a terminal illness and passed away in July of that year. During that time, we had lots of chats about all sorts of things including the family's fishing gear (I knew it was coming to me some day!).

Mick had a well-deserved and time-honoured reputation for breaking rods and poles and often had spares &/or duplicates. One evening during dinner he disappeared and came back with a bundle of rod tubes and revealed the nine Normarks plus various carbon and Noboron sections. I eventually sold, in various ways, six rods plus the odd sections with over £1k going to a relevant charity. I've used the remaining Microlite Match 12ft & 13ft versions and the Titan Match 13ft many times in the past 5 years. Brilliant rods way ahead of their time. The Peacock waggler in this image is probably older than the Titan Match!

IMG_6712 (600 x 432).jpg