Wanted: Bait Apron

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi
I’m looking for a Shimano bait apron in reasonable condition.
Thanks

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's a shakespear agility one on ebay for £8.25 and as far as bait aprons go it looks like a good un.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's a shakespear agility one on ebay for £8.25 and as far as bait aprons go it looks like a good un.

Thanks, I’ve seen that and will most probably end up getting one if I can’t find an old Shimano.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have one of these tucked away. I've not seen anything that comes close to it in about twenty years. I don't use it that often, but I wouldn't part with it.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get what the difference is, I have an old daiwa one and I really can't stand it. I'd rather use a ESP bait bag than one of those faffing things.

I'm not bait apron expert by the way lol.

flightliner

Reaction score
Mick
Thanks for the offer but I wasn’t totally understanding the concept until Sam put up a link to his, I don’t want something with a back if you get my drift.

I’ve just seen this on EBay and taken a punt, you maybe interested yourself.

10258 Gardening Apron Multi Pocket Tradesman Gardeners Handyman Pouch Tool Belt 5999544114340 | eBay
John, I've just sent you a pm-- then I found your post above!.
The pik I sent you is showing a smock - hence my earlier post asking your preference .
No matter as it looks like you have sorted yourself out now.
Mick.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I have just had a look at my wife's 'Gardeners Pouch' which she wouldn't be without, but I cannot see how this would carry much bait (I'm assuming this is what you want it for and not tackle items or perhaps both) nor that it would be particularly easy to access the bait?? Would tackle fall out it you bent forward, for example??

(I have never used a bait apron so this may well be a silly question: Does a proper BA have some means of closing the pouch holding the bait (say, maggots) to stop spillage, which the GP does not have, at least on my wife's model!!!

Just interested, is all.....

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The pockets in the gardening thing are designed to hold gardaning tools and I really can't see you being able to get your hands in the pockets.
Have a look for sensas maggot bags, they're verylight and hang round your neck, you can use more than one for various baits...just a thought as i very often use them. They're much better for wading as your they hang higher up on your body.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My grand ideas are to be able to rove the river without the need for a bag, two reasons, bending down to take stuff out of it (don’t like it slung over my shoulder whilst fishing) and maybe more importantly when I’m fishing the urban areas I’ve always got one eye on my bag!

I understand the comments about the pockets not being able to accommodate bait and that may well be the case, but for such a cheap item as I’ve ordered I will see if modifications by unpicking some of the small pockets to make a more useable one will work if needed. I do have an ESP bait bucket which is great for the job I just need more pockets for bits of tackle etc.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My grand ideas are to be able to rove the river without the need for a bag, two reasons, bending down to take stuff out of it (don’t like it slung over my shoulder whilst fishing) and maybe more importantly when I’m fishing the urban areas I’ve always got one eye on my bag!

I understand the comments about the pockets not being able to accommodate bait and that may well be the case, but for such a cheap item as I’ve ordered I will see if modifications by unpicking some of the small pockets to make a more useable one will work if needed. I do have an ESP bait bucket which is great for the job I just need more pockets for bits of tackle etc.

Get a waistcoat, i have several but the Orvis ones are the best having loads of pockets!
I used to get all my terminal gear, spare spools of line etc etc in mine.
I sometimes had a full loaf of bread in the back pocket.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Get a waistcoat, i have several but the Orvis ones are the best having loads of pockets!
I used to get all my terminal gear, spare spools of line etc etc in mine.
I sometimes had a full loaf of bread in the back pocket.

Do you know something? I got one out a charity shop yonks ago and I’ve forgotten all about it, just need to find it.:eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
Another vote for the Orvis vest! It is well made and can take loads of tackle! If I could carry it when loaded I would use it John!:rolleyes:

I also have the esp pouch as you'd expect!!!!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the belts I have, they're similar to a bum bag but have pockwts all the way round. I used to use one of those (I think they where leeda) and they where great....no idea why I stopped using them other than I swap things about now and again, a bit like fashions really. I'll probably use them again in future. You could use them in conjunction with a waistcoat to spread the weight load.
I've got to say that the orvis shoulder sling pack is my pick of the bunch, it's comfy to wear and holds everything I need for trotting even in the smaller of the two versions. It is quite expensive but worth every penny imo.

theartist

Reaction score
Diawa do the best bait apron, Even with a the body of adonis and a six pack it still makes you look like you have a beer belly

Now where's that six pack gone :guinness: