Decent quality float sized reel

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I'm after a decent float( match ) reel . Not after a shimano with the stupid triangle line clips , a metal line clip prefered.

I have a lightly used shimano x area 4000 with spare spool , yes I have the box but the box is a bit tatty .

Matt

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The daiwa TDR 2508 and the 3012 are nice sized float reels and I like 'em. I'd say I have average lengthed fingers and I can reach the spool rim easily enough so no problems feathering the line on a cast or trapping the line if using it for trotting etc. They feel great on the accy rod :cool:.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
The daiwa TDR 2508 and the 3012 are nice sized float reels and I like 'em. I'd say I have average lengthed fingers and I can reach the spool rim easily enough so no problems feathering the line on a cast or trapping the line if using it for trotting etc. They feel great on the accy rod :cool:.
That's what I'm leaning towards from looking in the tackle shop . But i have 4 shimano x aeros where i only need 3 really . It's just a thought if not will go on eBay or a just for sale post . New ones are £120 now . When i bought my 1st 2 was more than that .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk