Centrepin

bencarvosso

Reaction score
I'm looking for a centrepin.
I have never owned one so not looking for a top of range one. I want to use it for tench fishing in margins and try trotting shrimp for salmon.
I hear okuma are good and robust due to bairings. ???
Thanks

Keith M

Reaction score
Okuma do make very good centrepins and for trotting my workhorse one is the Okuma Sheffield Centrepin (see pic) however the Okuma Adventa Pro is also a great centre-pin for trotting and is also a bit less expensive than the Sheffield.
To be honest I don’t think there’s much between them.

You can also buy spare spools for both of these Okuma centrepins.

Keith

Last edited:

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Looks really nice. I'll have a look at both
Thanks Keith

ian g

Reaction score
I'd agree with Keith they are a good work horse reel , I have 2 Avanta Pro , plus a spare spool. One and a spare would cover most things but one popped up on Ebay at a good price and I couldn't resist. I use mine for pretty much all my trotting and margin work and have caught all sorts on them including big chub , carp and barbel . There are more expensive centre pins but the Okorma are well worth a punt.

mikench

Reaction score
I cannot disagree with the high opinion of the Okuma Sheffield reels. I have a few pins costing far more but the Okuma was the first one I bought and remains an excellent example of a good pin.

Tigger is a fan also despite having dozens. He is unable to comment as he is unable to post, to like or to send pm’s for reasons neither of us can understand.

You will not go far wrong with a Sheffield.

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot disagree with the high opinion of the Okuma Sheffield reels. I have a few pins costing far more but the Okuma was the first one I bought and remains an excellent example of a good pin.

Tigger is a fan also despite having dozens. He is unable to comment as he is unable to post, to like or to send pm’s for reasons neither of us can understand.

You will not go far wrong with a Sheffield.

Tigger should be able to post, like and send PMs. He was sent a PM about the reasons for this but has not responded, but can also email me (kirsty@fishandfly.com) if these functions are not available and I will look into it.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Was looking to bid on this hardy conquest pin
But I can't find one like it anywhere
Also has some sort of smudge on back.
Could it be a fake ?

20200527_123423.jpg

20200527_123436.jpg

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Glad to see it wasnt just me who thought it slightly odd

rondo69

Reaction score
Hi
If you are still looking
I have both an Okuma Sheffield and an Okuma Aventa VT1002 for sale if you are interested. Both are in A1 condition
Give me a call on 01725-514468 or message me
Mike