Thames Anglers Conservancy

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Thames Anglers' Conservancy

Any angler who fishes the Thames or it's tributarys should have a look at this site and I hope they will join (it's free) ?

Jimmy Page (Mushroom) is a mate of mine and has worked tirelessly to premote the Thames Angler Conservancy.

And it's not just about Politics, although we should all be behind Jim and his fellow committee men in protecting the River Thames !!

http://actionboard.net/t1248-single-species-trophies-for-the-best-speciemen-of-the-season#10689

Please have a look.

Bob

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Tee-Cee,

I don't know why, I can open both links ?

And I'm hopeless with computors.

Maybe a Moderator can have a look :confused:

Bob

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Tee Cee

Google them if the link won't work. It's the top one by the way, the bottom link goes to page error.

It's worth the effort. The most positive bunch of people I've met in a very long time. I've been to one litter clean and will make the trek accross London when I can.

If you fish the Thames you should join to support them, frankly if you fish anywhere you should. If we had their equivelent accross the country, Angling would be in very good shape.

Stu

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
It could be, that the link works for me, because I'm already a member ?

Bob

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Come on lads, lets have some comments, it's not all Northern Lads on this site -is it ?

Free to join, some good events and social nights.

Have a look and see whats going on, to clean up (or not) the capitals river ?

Bob

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It looks worthwhile so I've joined (I'm from the 'South' by the way!).

Its more interesting stuff about our waters and keeping them in good order AND its free so why not join??

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Yes I know that Fred, I just thought I would " Bang The Drum " for him !!

Ray Walton and I have put up a couple of trophies to be fished for throughout the season.

I just thought it might be of interest ?

Bob

Last edited:

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
sorry john, mucho apologies, I have to get things done early, otherwise it starts to get not done, the workload has been non-stop for 18 months and it aint getting less

many many thanks to you all for your kind words and support, without everyone helping we wouldn't have achieved a smidgen of what we've done

please big us up anywhere you deem suitable, and if we get it wrong, let us know, 'cause we're only doing our inexperienced best

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
a dads'n'lads'n'lasses fish-in, this friday 19th at 1930hrs, hampton court downstream of the palace, on the palace side
we're balling in a 15 kilo sack of vitalin in the afternoon, so if you've got a youngster, or just wanna strike someone elses, or your own rod, come on down

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
20 plus rods produced 2 bites despite all the vitalin
the first an eel around the 2lb mark was admirably played, landed and held for a pic by one of the youngsters, the second was a bream caught way of the baited area
we all laughed, passed on tips and remembered past captures, the youngsters did what boys do, interupted by fits of giggles

we've now got daily clarity readings posted on our forum
today 6ft 6in
yesterday 7ft 6in
day before 7ft

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
our annual overnight match resulted in all the silverware changing hands
the trophy which was in surbiton angling, has moved to esher angling
pauly 2 cups didnt retain his silverware, his m8 jay won them both

you couldn't make it up

hot of the press
a ridiculous ruffe of 6 oz and another of 5oz were caught last night by two of our members

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
we've the zoological society of london giving us a presentation, at the bell inn, hampton, on the evening of the 22nd of this month
if you wanna know how the river works, from the bed upwards, here's your chance
its in our usual room upstairs, and is free, for nuffin, zilch, denada

check it all out at Thames Anglers' Conservancy